Rooster falling over, weak, eyes closed

imadethislife

Hatching
Oct 14, 2022
Yesterday I saw our 2 y/o rooster fall over twice but I thought it was because the hens "trampled" him getting out of the coop and into the run. He was moving a little slow. Today when he came out of the coop for AM snacks, he fell over and could not get back up. Poor guy was not even moving in my arms and had his eyes closed. Brought him inside. He had a small poop and it was normal. I tried giving him water with syringe and he barely got any. Little bit of mucus was coming from his mouth (like drooling when I gave him the water). This is when he was really out of it.

I made him scrambled eggs and he started eating it but was not interested in any water with electrolytes. Got him some vitamin B and mixed with more eggs. He def. perked up from where he was earlier! He can stand but didn't try to walk. Earlier he couldn't stand or would fall over. Poop is now watery and has the green "string" going through it.

No signs of injuries
No lice/mites

I have no clue what to treat him with. I bought him coconut water and put a tiny bit of vitamins in it but he won't drink any. Too alert now for dropper.
PXL_20221014_121524849.jpg
PXL_20221014_124027259.jpg
PXL_20221014_125842064.jpg

His comb may be slightly darker than normal, I can't really tell but it's a deeper red, imo.

Back
Top Bottom