Pics
Glad I found this thread! I have four bantam cross brothers I couldn't find homes for (about 6 mo old now), who live in a run/partial coop my dad and I built for them on our property across the street from my house.

They have gotten into a few tiffs over the past few months, but only have bloodied each other up a bit - no severe damage and all walking around without a problem (I would go over in the morning or afternoon after the fact, and they'd be coexisting just fine once again), so I'm hoping that's the worst they'll ever do to each other.

I could always let them free range on the property - it's almost 2 acres, fenced, so it would give them more room - but I always worry about predators, so I'm going to keep them in their bachelor pad as long as I can for now. I've named them Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin ;).

Here are a few pictures of them - not the best, but hopefully good enough.
F2B0E51A-BC82-4B2C-A090-B686CAE328F1.JPG

IMG_6798.JPG

Glad I found this thread! I have four bantam cross brothers I couldn't find homes for (about 6 mo old now), who live in a run/partial coop my dad and I built for them on our property across the street from my house.

They have gotten into a few tiffs over the past few months, but only have bloodied each other up a bit - no severe damage and all walking around without a problem (I would go over in the morning or afternoon after the fact, and they'd be coexisting just fine once again), so I'm hoping that's the worst they'll ever do to each other.

I could always let them free range on the property - it's almost 2 acres, fenced, so it would give them more room - but I always worry about predators, so I'm going to keep them in their bachelor pad as long as I can for now. I've named them Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin ;).

View attachment 1998305
View attachment 1998308

The only predators we have seen are hawks and a kestrel so no free ranging for bantams until we get netting up. :(

View attachment 1998305
View attachment 1998308
What cuties - I love the names!!!:love

View attachment 1998305
View attachment 1998308
Handsome boys!

Most of my roos got taken in a predator attack a few weeks ago, which was really horrible for me because I think of them as pets. :( To make things worst, I can't hatch or rescue any more roos since I'm pretty sure I have Marek's in my flock. My last roo is dying, probably due to Marek's. Though I don't have a roo flock anymore I will continue to post on this thread and try to answer any questions anyone has about their roos.

R.I.P. my handsome boys. I miss you. :(
Screenshot_20200109-184410.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-183836.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-183735.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-183514.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-183330.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-183247.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-183045.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-183012.jpg

Last edited:
Most of my roos got taken in a predator attack a few weeks ago, which was really horrible for me because I think of them as pets. :( To make things worst, I can't hatch or rescue any more roos since I'm pretty sure I have Marek's in my flock. My last roo is dying, probably due to Marek's. Though I don't have a roo flock anymore I will continue to post on this thread and answer any questions anyone has about rooster flocks or roosters in general.

R.I.P. my handsome boys. I miss you. :(
View attachment 1998567 View attachment 1998568 View attachment 1998570 View attachment 1998571 View attachment 1998572 View attachment 1998573 View attachment 1998574 View attachment 1998575
Oh I’m so sorry! I have a rooster flock in a bachelor pad and have also lost several to Marek’s! Our most recent loss was about 6 weeks ago when we lost our 1.5 yr old head rooster, Vespucci the black Ameraucana (pic below). It’s hard - so sorry for your losses!!! :hugs

Attachments

• 84C55F5B-57A5-4CFD-99FA-2866444656FA.jpeg
    84C55F5B-57A5-4CFD-99FA-2866444656FA.jpeg
    864.1 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom