Rooster got pecked in the eye by another bird!

Found these eye drops. I have cleaned Brownie's eye with Saline solution and even before that he had staryed to open his eye halfway.

It's horribly red. Hoping that these drops help as I was unable to find neosporin or teramycin etc in my area..
IMG-20210510-WA0023.jpeg

I think the Tobramycin drops may help if there is infection. I would still try to see a vet for an eyedrop that has some anti-inflammatory medication such as prednisolone. Many prescription drops a vet has will have that as well as an antibiotic. The later picture of the eye shows some cloudiness in the back, so I would say that it is iffy whether or not he will regain sight in the eye.

I think the Tobramycin drops may help if there is infection. I would still try to see a vet for an eyedrop that has some anti-inflammatory medication such as prednisolone. Many prescription drops a vet has will have that as well as an antibiotic. The later picture of the eye shows some cloudiness in the back, so I would say that it is iffy whether or not he will regain sight in the eye.
I completely understand. I'll take him to the vet as soon as I can. Wanted to take today, but we don't have any avian vets here and the other ones honestly don't give good advice. Heck it has damaged my kids before and so I get really antsy about risking it.

However, I'll get him examined. For now I'm giving 1 drop of tobramycine in the eye daily. He has started to open his eye more. I'm sharing a picture. Mostly he keeps it closed.

20210511_002554.jpg

Yup hes the one in my profile pic. My darling babu gave me a nice mother's day present yesterday 😭.

I'm going to take him to the vet today for an examination. Really really worried and I hope that his eye stays well.
Please keep us posted!

Please keep us posted!
His eye is better now. The redishness has gone away and the black spot (it might have been the blood) has reduced. I'm cleaning daily with Saline water and then putting a drop of tobramycine in his eye (I couldn't find the other drops) once a day.

Otherwise I'm also giving him a herbal medicine dailu which is rich in vitamins as suggested by @Saaniya

I think he's following and able to see a bit with that eye, but can't be sure. He mostly keeps it closed but has been opening it more and more everyday.

Let's all just pray that he recovers fully.

His eye is better now. The redishness has gone away and the black spot (it might have been the blood) has reduced. I'm cleaning daily with Saline water and then putting a drop of tobramycine in his eye (I couldn't find the other drops) once a day.

Otherwise I'm also giving him a herbal medicine dailu which is rich in vitamins as suggested by @Saaniya

I think he's following and able to see a bit with that eye, but can't be sure. He mostly keeps it closed but has been opening it more and more everyday.

Great day!!!

That's nice to hear after full recovery u can see his eyeball with a flash and see if his retina reacting with light . Im

An updated pic of his eye. Today is the last day of his medications. I did a 7 day course of tobramycine eye drops and a herbal medicine.
20210516_115859.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom