Rooster is droopy and falls over

Jcfarmmom

Hatching
9 Years
Feb 9, 2010
I have a 4 year old Buttercup Rooster "Cuppy" that is having trouble keeping his head up. He was the runt and is smaller and not straight like normal roosters. But, since we have had back to back snow storms and cold (which is not normal for our area) he has been not himself, lethargic not crowing and droopy. He is eating and drinking, that we can tell and is having normal poo's as best I can tell. We have him in our house in a tub by the wood burning stove (that is our only source of heat) and he has perked up some. He has been in the house for 3 days. He is now perched on the side of the tub, sleeping. And has not fallen off! When I took him out on the deck, he could hardly stand up and would back up and/or fall over on his face. He is not star gazing. He acts like he has a inner ear infection by humane standards. I have checked diseases and have found some that have a few matching symptoms, but nothing concrete.

Thanks for any help!

I really don't have any answers being new myself but from all that I read on here you are on the right track. Maybe try giving him scrambled eggs and the infant vitamin drops without iron. Hopefully someone will jump in and give you more help. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom