Rooster Issues!

Yup. Peace is better than war, or constant sniping. I have multiple roosters, but am careful to watch behaviors, and manage issues as they come up. Right now I've got a bunch of chicks, and many cockerels in the group. A very few will stay as possible replacements, but it's a fluid arrangement. Difficulties will need to be dealt with over time.
Mary

You do need a plan B.... maybe you will never need it. But you need a way to separate them, and place the separately in place, cause if it goes south it can do so in an instant. A long handle fishnet is handy to break them up. A dog carrier can be great to take one out of the set up. Some have been known to keep fighting through a fence.

Wishing they would all get a long does not work, I think you will have scuffles more and more, and that they will become more and more violent. You might not. The constant fighting or being exposed to that much tension in the flock, will upset your layers.

I always try and solve for the peace of the flock, one or more of the roosters might need to go. Roosters are a crap shoot.

MRs K

Thank You MRs K, I know your right! I'm sure we can all agreed Plan B is a necessity, in all situations. Will continue to watch them closely.

Thanks Again

Back
Top Bottom