Rooster lethargic - please help!!!!

No lice or mites. We treated the flock with amperol when we suspected cocci due to the bloody clot that one of the hen passed. Unfortunately she had a vent prolapse which is taking some time to heal. So we figured it was not cocci. But we have the amperol x5 days anyways. I stopped it this morning and have replaced all the waters with and put in drops of nutridrench. His diet is layers food and he sometimes eats chick start. He ate a mix of both this morning - small bites because he wasn’t that hungry. He did eat some blueberries. I’m going to give him some Gatorade now. His crop does seem lumpy.

This is his poop now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 4
I would give him a dose 1 ml of the NutriDrench orally which he will get instantly. Vitamins are fine now that you have stopped the Amprollium. Keep forcing fluids by dipping his beak into water as often as possible. Check his crop early tomorrow morning to see if it has emptied normally.

Okay thank you. I just spoke with a vet on the phone. He said he suspects it’s coccidiosis and that the amount of amperol was too short. I started it on wed night and ended today so he advised to put them all on the amperol again because it’s like a bad infestation. He also mentioned that the rectal prolapse of the hen would be due to the cocci. I started the rooster back on amperol and stopped the vitamins for now. Hoping he improves 😓

My rooster is looking a lot better! I am so happy. Thank you to everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom