Rooster looks like he is crowing but no sound comes out? Need advice

May2017Newbies

Hatching
Jun 1, 2017
I just got 2 new adult Roosters. 1 is New Hampshire Red and the other is Leghorn. The Leghorn crows and does a very good job of it. However, the New Hampshire Red rooster will stretch his head high, open his mouth, and appear to be crowing, BUT there is absolutely no sound at all, nothing. He keeps on doing this one behind the other for several attempts.
However, I don't think he is a MUTE because he makes this sound I call cackling in a normal sound just like the other Rooster, it is only when he stretches his head high and open his mouth that no sound comes out.
The Leghorn Rooster stretches his head high and when he opens his mouth, you can hear him for a mile away.
Any ideas what i need to do?

Hi there!
Do you notice any other symptoms from the "quiet" rooster...
Running eyes, snotty, nasty poop, is he eating and drinking fine?
How long have you actually had him?
Days?
No other signs, He eats like a horse, drinks plenty of water, and you can hear him when he makes a cackling sound but when he goes to crowing, no sound comes out.
One thing I noticed was each time when he completes the crow, he acts like I do when I get water in my ear, I turn my head and try to shake my head to drain the water out, you know? But no other signs.

Hi there!
Days?
Also, I just got the 2 Roosters last Sunday. When I went to the persons house to pick them up, he had 5 Roosters in 1 pen and I never noticed whether or not he crowed in the few minutes while we were there. All 5 of his Roosters were of different breeds and all were Adult size birds. All very healthy looking.

Hi there!
Days?
It terms of symptoms,,, Eyes look normal, not snotty, haven't noticed the poop but will tomorrow, and like I already mentioned,, eating and drinking is very good as compared to the other Rooster.

Back
Top Bottom