Rooster Loss of Balance Sudden Onset

I am bathing regularly with an OTC to catch any as they hatch. There are a few nits remaining so I know we are still working through this process.

Now....I have not de-wormed. šŸ˜’ But he's not showing any symptoms that made worms jump out as a possibility. So I had not considered that issue. I have one hen who I know is not laying (she lays a different color egg) and hasn't for about a month.
If you press on the eye tissue now, is there any pus that will come out?

What are you bathing him with? The eye was already swelling before you started giving him a bath right? Are you bathing every day or ?

LOL He's got your number!

I don't think worms would cause his issues, just going over the list there. Your hen not laying - depends on how old she is, a lot of hens start to molt this time of year so that may be why.

Nothing if you press on the eye. It looks the same today. Yes the swelling had started before the baths.
20210919_101452.jpg

I read that you could use flea and tick bath for topical relief. Here are the ingredients. I'm bathing every 3 days.

His eye is worse today! I'm really getting frustrated with the lack of improvement. šŸ˜¢

Is there any chance that this could be a respiratory infection? As I said his breathing seems normal (once he settles down) but I'm grasping at straws at this point.

I'm sorry it's getting worsešŸ˜ž

It could be respiratory illness. You've given him Oxytetracycline (LA200) which might help if it's MG. The only other thing to try would be either Baytril or Tylosin to see if those make a difference.

Some respiratory diseases are viruses, so of course, the antibiotics make no difference.

The swelling may be pus filled - you don't see any pus in his eye at all?

I'm sorry it's getting worsešŸ˜ž

It could be respiratory illness. You've given him Oxytetracycline (LA200) which might help if it's MG. The only other thing to try would be either Baytril or Tylosin to see if those make a difference.

Some respiratory diseases are viruses, so of course, the antibiotics make no difference.

The swelling may be pus filled - you don't see any pus in his eye at all?
No pus at all!! I keep checking. I'll see if I can get pics.

20210920_160944.jpg

Today's progress picture.
20210920_161009.jpg

Trying to show the swollen tissue inside. It looks clean - not infected. But clearly something is making it swell!
20210920_162155.jpg

A front view for size comparison.

I've pressed on it every which way. No pus coming anywhere. He is not happy with me messing with it!! How is the Tylosin different? Is it at TSC?
20210921_080719.jpg

I'm afraid he's going to lose the eye...

Back
Top Bottom