Rooster maybe

For a large combed breed, that comb development isn’t unusual for both males and females. Right now it still looks like a pullet, with no color to the comb. If in the next few weeks it begins to turn pink, you likely have yourself a boy. A pullet’s comb will eventually color, too, but much later than a cockerel’s.

These are all of them
DCDBFB12-C3F3-4A21-BFCD-A8BCF769C854.jpeg

Im not really familiar with that place but if they turn out to be roosters you know there one of the dishonest companies.
Thats not necessarily accurate. Retail sources are reliant on the hatcheries for the accuracy of the sexing of the chicks. There are also those purchasers who forget that sexing is an art rather than a science and that there is a 5 to 15% chance of a chick being mis sexed. So having purchased chicks from a particular source and received some that were mis sexed does not automatically mean either the hatchery or the store were dishonest.

Thats not necessarily accurate. Retail sources are reliant on the hatcheries for the accuracy of the sexing of the chicks. There are also those purchasers who forget that sexing is an art rather than a science and that there is a 5 to 15% chance of a chick being mis sexed. So having purchased chicks from a particular source and received some that were mis sexed does not automatically mean either the hatchery or the store were dishonest.
Someone just told me that and i was just repeating what they told me.I would think if all of them were roosters it was them being dishonest is what i was meaning.If there are only a couple roosters i could see how that would be a mis sexed.

And I’m ok with them being roosters , I just know you can’t house more than one rooster together . I understand a mis sex can happen . Either way as long as I can keep them healthy and happy I’m good

The olny reason we questioned it because where we got them from there have been complaints about them selling hens and them during out to be roosters. This is our fist experience with chickens so everything is new still . We will be happy either way but want to make sure we have the right coop set up for them . We where told they where all hens

I'm in Australia, but my breeder has her chicks professionally sexed, which she advises is still only about 95% accurate, so she then guarantees the chicks are female. I had one that was an obvious rooster by 6 weeks (that is very early to know) and she agreed and took it back, because we can't have a rooster here is suburbia. Broke our hearts to give him up, but there was no alternative. We could choose replacement or refund.

If your breeder isn't having the chicks sexed, there is no way they could say that they are female. Maybe worth speaking to them now to ask if you can return them if they grow to be roosters. Even though you can have roosters, that is some cost to have to provide separate housing.
Either way, have fun raising your little fluffy bums. :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

... I just know you can’t house more than one rooster together.

No expert (but there are many here that are), but I think roosters are happy housed together as long as there are no hens involved (sort of like humans). So, one rooster can be with the hens being hen-pecked, while the rest are in a separate bachelor pad, hanging out and leaving the feed lid up if they want to.

Back
Top Bottom