Rooster not crowing and not matting

INFAS345

Hatching
Jun 27, 2021
i have 2 couples (rooster and hen) . when i bought 3 months ago age of them were 5 months old. now they are 8 months old . my problem is they used to crow little bit on that time also. but now i have put them in a different cage system. and also another big rooster also there in the flock . but now those 3 couples seperated with mesh wire. but after putting this cage the new 2 couples used to crow 5 -10 days . but i have never seen they are matting. also now they are not crowing as wel. only my old big rooster crowing and he mates with his hen. other 2 couples just eating and being them selves . guide me what is the reason for that?
are they still not matured enaugh?
or any other reasons?

i have 2 couples (rooster and hen) . when i bought 3 months ago age of them were 5 months old. now they are 8 months old . my problem is they used to crow little bit on that time also. but now i have put them in a different cage system. and also another big rooster also there in the flock . but now those 3 couples seperated with mesh wire. but after putting this cage the new 2 couples used to crow 5 -10 days . but i have never seen they are matting. also now they are not crowing as wel. only my old big rooster crowing and he mates with his hen. other 2 couples just eating and being them selves . guide me what is the reason for that?
are they still not matured enaugh?
or any other reasons?

Attachments

• 38022888-6F4E-4D59-93CA-DF6D70F0CB8C.jpeg
    38022888-6F4E-4D59-93CA-DF6D70F0CB8C.jpeg
    569.5 KB · Views: 22
what is the solution please
Are they confined to that tiny pen 24/7? I think they need more space. You are able to set up an outdoor encounter for your birds that allows them to graze and stretch their legs?
If they are confined to that pen constantly, its not healthy for a chicken to be trapped on a raised wire pen their wheel lives, especially with no room to run around. They're grazing animals designed to scratch the ground and forage. They need to be able to roam.

Do they get out to roam and scratch the ground or do they have to stay on the wire / in their wire cage all the time?

Having a mature rooster crowing near by, might intimidate the youngsters, as well as cockerels/roosters usually only mate with hens that are laying, just as @aart already mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom