Rooster not crowing?

I heard about a bird called a Sandjak or something like that.

It's not supposed to crow much...

I want one of them.

I had a Bresse rooster who was a year old when he died and he had never crowed or exhibited any rooster behavior at all other than mounting hens. As for the flopped comb, it can be health related but it can also just be poor or random breeding. This rooster is the result of a large single comb randomly mating a peacombed hen. His comb is now a permanently floppy, over sized peacomb. Its hideous and if I knew how to dub him I would lol. But he is healthy and happy.
20190706_172659.jpg

I brought Popcorn the rooster home last week from a farm with a ton of other roosters. I have about 18 birds and for the most part they seem to be ignoring him (except for one hen with a baby, she hates him). Hes a total gentleman but I haven't heard a single crow out of him. What gives? Any other roo I've brought home crowded right from day one.
Popcorn is currently our only rooster. I was told hes a year old. Picture is from the day we got him, just to prove that yes he IS a rooster. Lol.
View attachment 1852682
If it has only been a week, wait for him to relax. He might need to develop a sense of security. A new surrounding is also uncharted territory. Territory he hasn't claimed as his yet.
rooster power.jpg

Looks like he's wearing a little hat.
I like him. The gold and black are pretty stunning.:)
I had a Bresse rooster who was a year old when he died and he had never crowed or exhibited any rooster behavior at all other than mounting hens. As for the flopped comb, it can be health related but it can also just be poor or random breeding. This rooster is the result of a large single comb randomly mating a peacombed hen. His comb is now a permanently floppy, over sized peacomb. Its hideous and if I knew how to dub him I would lol. But he is healthy and happy.View attachment 1854162

Back
Top Bottom