1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

rooster on duck?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by farmerChef, Nov 25, 2010.

1. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    My cousins has a bunch of free-range chickens, ducks and turkeys and he has a banty rooster mating his ducks. He has his own hens. Every time i see him either on the back of a hen or a duck, or chasing one down. He's has black giants and other banty roosters.
    why is this rooster doing this? and why do the ducks let him? [​IMG] He can't make little duckins can he? i'm pretty sure he can't, but he's tryin.

2. alabiologist

alabiologist Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2009
    If you could only get a turkey involved somehow, you could grow your own turducken.

3. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    if only. could become the new thanksgiving bird [​IMG]

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I have a banty rooster that will mate anything. My buff orpington hens bend down for him.

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    A co-worker of mine had rooster mating her ducks. They put some eggs in their incubator and one of the chicks that hatched had some webbing on its feet.

7. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    hmmmm......did a little searchin online. most results said they might fertilze some eggs but they won't hatch. other sites said they can't because they are not in the same genius.
    \\With a llitle help, loins, tigers, and leopards can breed. horses, donkeys, and zerbas can breed, but the males are sterile.
    if ducks and chickens can breed, they would need alot of tlc from breeding to hatching. would be cool if someone coould breed and hatch some. [​IMG]

hmmm.... polish x muscovy, turken x peking, the possibilities.......[​IMG]

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Marans and Mallards! imagine....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by