Rooster or hen

chuguanyu

Hatching
Jul 3, 2016
I raise 3 chicks since they were 3 weeks old and the seller said 90% chance they were hen. They all look like hens until recently this chicken becomes very aggressive. It follows me whenever I step into the backyard and even attacks my feet. In the morning it tried to make the noise but not yet like how a rooster does yet. What you guys think?

Do you know what breed it is? It looks like a California White pullet. Certain breeds (especially Cali Whites) can be very aggressive or dominant hens. I say definitely hen.

How old are they? Just by the personality and comb size I'd say roo but it still looks like a hen in a way. The feathers seem to look like hen feathers though the white makes it tough to determine. If it's a hen getting into egg laying, they do get a bit noisy.

How old are they? Just by the personality and comb size I'd say roo but it still looks like a hen in a way. The feathers seem to look like hen feathers though the white makes it tough to determine. If it's a hen getting into egg laying, they do get a bit noisy. 

They are 6 months old and I have not seen any eggs yet. Hopefully it's not rooster otherwise I have to give it away since we are not allowed to have rooster in our city.

They are 6 months old and I have not seen any eggs yet. Hopefully it's not rooster otherwise I have to give it away since we are not allowed to have rooster in our city.
6 months of age is the time chickens usually start laying (especially leghorns). If it is a rooster, his comb would be much bigger by now and he'd be crowing. In other words, you'd definitely know. Hens that are close to laying get hormonal so they can get noisy and bossy. Go see if she'll squat if you pet her.

6 months of age is the time chickens usually start laying (especially leghorns). If it is a rooster, his comb would be much bigger by now and he'd be crowing. In other words, you'd definitely know. Hens that are close to laying get hormonal so they can get noisy and bossy. Go see if she'll squat if you pet her.

it does squat. it means it is a she?

Back
Top Bottom