Rooster or Hen

ngarrett

Chirping
Mar 21, 2021
Hi there. I’m a new chicken mom. Can anyone tell me if this is a rooster or a hen? It is currently 10 weeks old. Really hoping it is a hen:) The breed is unknown but could be a mix of ameraucana and polish. Any guesses on the breed? We got it from a kindergarten class that was hatching eggs this spring. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• A5E846FC-121A-4E16-9AD5-0C8709D9994E.jpeg
    A5E846FC-121A-4E16-9AD5-0C8709D9994E.jpeg
    507.4 KB · Views: 61
Hi there. I’m a new chicken mom. Can anyone tell me if this is a rooster or a hen? It is currently 10 weeks old. Really hoping it is a hen:) The breed is unknown but could be a mix of ameraucana and polish. Any guesses on the breed? We got it from a kindergarten class that was hatching eggs this spring. Thanks so much!
Cockerel

Oh no😭 I was really hoping it wasn’t. Was it the saddle feathers that gave it away? Thank you for your response.

Comb, sickles, saddle, hackles. Will you be keeping him?
No, unfortunately, we’re not allowed to have roosters where I live so I’ll have to rehome him. He is great with the silkies however. He’s teaching them to use the ladder to get into the coop at night. He hasn’t been successful but at least they have a good role model.

Cock. Sorry…☹️

Back
Top Bottom