Rooster or hen?

Here's my other unidentified chicken.. the one that was supposed to be a Japanese bantam. She's my sweetie and insists on being held all the time.

IMG_3103.jpg
IMG_3104.jpg

These (Gold Laced Polish):
thumb_large_popup_2182.jpg

Look nothing like these (Gold Laced Wyandotte):
1305332_A1.jpeg

This (White Polish):
thumb_large_popup_2091.jpg

Look nothing like this (Black-tailed Whilte Japanese)
images (3).jpeg

At least you got chickens though! Some feed stores sell turkey poults as chicks and vice versa.

Hi, I'm a newbie to raising backyard chickens. I got my first flock last month. Does anyone have any guesses on the sex of this red wyandotte? I think it might be a rooster but I have zero experience since this is my first time raising chicks. He's a little bossy and has challenged some of the other chicks in my flock. He also has a little bit of a different looking tail that is shaped like an upright fan but I don't know if that's just the breed. He's almost 6 weeks old. I know that's early but curious what others think. Thanks!

View attachment 2776573 View attachment 2776574
:lau that's not a wyandotte of any kind (unless some kind of mix looks like that) that's a golden laced polish it still too early to sex but I think it may be a girl and could I get a pic of the "Japanese bantam" that I'm pretty sure is not a Japanese bantam

:lau that's not a wyandotte of any kind (unless some kind of mix looks like that) that's a golden laced polish it still too early to sex but I think it may be a girl and could I get a pic of the "Japanese bantam" that I'm pretty sure is not a Japanese bantam
I posted photos of the "bantam" above. It was confirmed another polish which is what I thought.

Back
Top Bottom