Rooster or pullet

OasiVerde

Songster
Aug 29, 2018
Texas Hill Country
OK, I need experts opinions :)
These chicks are all about 2 months old.
I am wondering if one of them is a rooster. The comb is larger and more red. And the tail feathers are longer. It is the chick with the white feathers and blue legs.

Attachments

• IMG_4706.JPG
    IMG_4706.JPG
    740.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4705.JPG
    IMG_4705.JPG
    680.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4707.JPG
    IMG_4707.JPG
    634.1 KB · Views: 14
When they start fighting and over breeding the pullets, one has to go. You want a place right now to put the extra one for when that happens.
You also might want to decide now which one you want to keep (if either) and work on your solution for the extra bird(s).
I rehomed my friendly alpha cockerel and kept the beta cockerel with a mild attitude problem because the beta was actually exhibiting more of the behaviors I wanted a rooster for. At 24 weeks old, he is coming along nicely.

When they start fighting and over breeding the pullets, one has to go. You want a place right now to put the extra one for when that happens.
You also might want to decide now which one you want to keep (if either) and work on your solution for the extra bird(s).
I rehomed my friendly alpha cockerel and kept the beta cockerel with a mild attitude problem because the beta was actually exhibiting more of the behaviors I wanted a rooster for. At 24 weeks old, he is coming along nicely.

Thanks. I have a Barnevelder rooster, this is the breed I want to continue with. I will first try to rehome the 2 months old.

Back
Top Bottom