Rooster PICs wanted

Pics
1661188474317.jpeg

This was Lancelot when he was about 5 months old. I had to kill him because he was crazy and aggressive toward my children but I hated to do it. He was really big and pretty. I really wanted to keep him for a couple years and get chicks off him.

Just a few of my favorite boys of the past who are gone now.

Po was the first Cochin I ever owned and the rooster that made me realize I didn't hate roosters. :love He was bought as a frizzle and happened to be one of the birds that didn't inherit the gene, but I was kind of glad for that because I later realized I just don't really like frizzles anyway. It's funny, if I hadn't taken a chance on getting him (while trying for a bantam pullet if I'm being honest), I wouldn't have then gotten my big guy Reuby the very next year.

Po 27wk 6day shiny.jpg

Darwin was a Red Dorking, and Murphy's best bud. He was a big dum-dum. 🤭 You can see Murphy a little bit in the background of this picture, too!

Darwin.jpg

Dawson, a Crele English Orpington, was rehomed to his own flock of ladies earlier this year. He was such a docile guy and would sit up on this perch and let me scritch his front and rub his wattles. I kinda wish I had kept him because he was my favorite out of those boys, but he's happy in his own flock now and I think that's fairer for him.

Crele Orpington.jpg

Axel, my little Barred Plymouth Rock bantam dude. He was a chill guy, but didn't fit in with the flock well and I didn't have a good pen to keep him in, so he was also rehomed to his own flock of ladies.

Barred Rock bantam.jpg

@Wild Claws
do you have any roosters
Silkie breeder here!
Here are my boys. Paint one is the 2021 state fair champion and the silver partridge is his son I'm hoping to take 2022 champion.
wow i hope he wins he is so pretty and the white one looks like a cuddle machine(aka i would have to cuddle him a lot)
Dawson, a Crele English Orpington, was rehomed to his own flock of ladies earlier this year. He was such a docile guy and would sit up on this perch and let me scritch his front and rub his wattles. I kinda wish I had kept him because he was my favorite out of those boys, but he's happy in his own flock now and I think that's fairer for him.
hes so pretty
i had a rooster who was nice to me and good to the ladies but i sold him to his own flock for his safety(because my EE rooster) and because at the time i had him and 2 others and it was not fair to the hens now i have just my EE rooster

it heart warming to hear all of this
that was lovely :love

Back
Top Bottom