Rooster side stepping and flaring wing on one side?

Quote:
He is dancing for you. Wooing you with his manly charms. He is waiting for you to squat for him.

Pick him up and carry him around. He needs to know he can't mate you. You are top Roo in the coop not him.

mine does that dance to me every time I go to play with them or give them morning treats. I always thought he was trying to show off lol

Quote:
He is dancing for you. Wooing you with his manly charms. He is waiting for you to squat for him.

Pick him up and carry him around. He needs to know he can't mate you. You are top Roo in the coop not him.

+1
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Me too! I thought he was trying to fight me so I'd either punt him away with my foot or chase him to show him I was boss...

I didn't know he was just saying I was pretty...

aw, now I feel a little bad... :|

Quote:
Me too! I thought he was trying to fight me so I'd either punt him away with my foot or chase him to show him I was boss...

I didn't know he was just saying I was pretty...

aw, now I feel a little bad... :|

I have done the same thing. Just yesterday I threatened to whack him with my shovel. Oops.
hmm.png
Good thing we have BYC to decipher all this behavior for us.
big_smile.png

It's funny this post is up here. I took pictures of Rusty doing the "Rooster Dance" for a new pullet in the coop yesterday. I will post them. It is mostly a blur though.
smile.png

Last edited:
mine does some kind of little dance in a small circle, he does it near his favorite girl but ive also seen him do it when another roo comes near. I dont think it menacing maybe just a little show of his roosterness.

Carmine does that to me every time I walk into the run. If he gets too rowdy I grab him, but mostly I just coo at him and tell him I think he's pretty too. Unfortunately, he's a petite Andalusian in a flock of mostly dual purpose American girls. The other two Andalusians and the very young Marans girls are the only ones his dance actually makes an impression upon. I just don't have the heart to deflate his little ego any more. It's terrible to watch him try it on the Delaware girls. They just stand there and stare until he's within pecking range, then they take him down a peg. I think that's why he does it so often, desperation.

Quote:
Hard to get the idea of a dance on still shots, but I know what you mean as I watch both Roo and Chickie (imitating Roo) do it.
Too bad there is not a way to post motion clips. I have one of Chickie cock a doodle doing....with sound. It would be fun to share pics with motion and sound too. Is there a way?

Back
Top Bottom