Rooster started humping my TV remote.😱

Pics
You should rehome your rooster. It’s what’s best for him. Keeping him as is is what’s best for you. Put your birds needs before yours and rehome your rooster.

In a way I agree but I can also see how much you love him and are trying to make him happy @Hei 20.

I've been watching this thread, and there have been some definite haters. But your rooster seems happy enough to me, and unless you're breaking laws, that should be all that matters.
Yes, opinions...everyone's got them. One of my male Cockatiels that is now a senior & has a mate, has always been friendly, regurgitating some food or "doing the twist" on my hand. If you look at the top of your hand from a bird's perspective, the hand resembles a bird body & fingers resemble tail feathers. My Tiel is 19 yrs old, not teen hormones. He has a mate, not deprived. He is very sweet, not moody. So we can assume it's behavior or hypothesize why, but who really knows exactly what they're thinking. Just love & accept.

I once found a love bird at my bird feeder. I managed to attract him with some seed, and kept him. I realized he would be lonely with me at work all day, so I gave him to my retired parents.

People will say a love bird without a mate will die -- even their name says they need a mate. But this one lived a long, happy life all alone, but not really alone because he had companionship all day, in the form of humans. He did birdy things, like preening and humping things, but he was absolutely happy, as Hei Hei is.

Good luck with your beautiful boy! If you and he are happy, why should you change anything? He has companionship, and he can do his birdy things. That is enough for any social creature. I haven't had chickens for long, but I've had birds for most of my life, and I often thought that if chicken poop was just a bit smaller, I'd have one inside. Personality-wise, they're like other birds, just bigger.

I once found a love bird at my bird feeder. I managed to attract him with some seed, and kept him. I realized he would be lonely with me at work all day, so I gave him to my retired parents.

People will say a love bird without a mate will die -- even their name says they need a mate. But this one lived a long, happy life all alone, but not really alone because he had companionship all day, in the form of humans. He did birdy things, like preening and humping things, but he was absolutely happy, as Hei Hei is.

Good luck with your beautiful boy! If you and he are happy, why should you change anything? He has companionship, and he can do his birdy things. That is enough for any social creature. I haven't had chickens for long, but I've had birds for most of my life, and I often thought that if chicken poop was just a bit smaller, I'd have one inside. Personality-wise, they're like other birds, just bigger.
It is sweet that you gave him a great life but he was wild. Why did you tame him? He plays an important role in the ecosystem. Is he an invasive species? Did his wing permanently break? Please don't do this again unless they are invasive.

Edit- I do a goofed. I was ruffled up by the people that were telling the OP to bring the rooster to a farm. I didn't know what a love bird was, though it was some type of wild dove. I feel stupid. This is one of the things that I will remember in the middle of the night and just not sleep fretting over it. So sorry.:th

Last edited:
It is sweet that you gave him a great life but he was wild. Why did you tame him? He plays an important role in the ecosystem. Is he an invasive species? Did his wing permanently break? Please don't do this again unless they are invasive.
Love birds are native to Africa and the bird most likely escaped from someone's home, since they are kept as pets. I highly doubt he was wild. He did not play any role in the ecosystem, and would have died if someone hadn't taken him in.

Lovebirds are not native to the Americas and play no role in the ecosystem here. They are Native to Africa and were brought to America he probably wasn’t equipped to handle where ever he was. Almost definitely got lost/escaped from breeder, owner, or whoever.

Back
Top Bottom