Rooster started humping my TV remote.😱

Pics
That’s why you shouldn’t keep roosters together like that. It’s the most unnatural way to keep them. Rarely have I heard anyone mention this when I criticize bachelor pads for people who are unable to cull unwanted roosters.
Junglefowl cocks will form bachelor pads in the wild. Besides, every way of keeping chickens is unnatural.

The first one I mentioned only did it once. The other was a hormonal cockerel. Not a normal occurrence in any means. Oh, and hens will occasionally mount other hens, so I guess flocks with multiple hens are also unnatural.

Somehow I missed all the posts until now!

Poor Hei Hei! The pictures of him made me cry -- he looked so unhappy at the farm. Bringing him home was the right thing to do. You and he have a bond. Never let him go again.

I'm glad you are back together, and that he's recovering. Give him a kiss for me! I think at this point, the rooster with pants is everyone's favorite. Make some videos, go viral with your story!

Somehow I missed all the posts until now!

Poor Hei Hei! The pictures of him made me cry -- he looked so unhappy at the farm. Bringing him home was the right thing to do. You and he have a bond. Never let him go again.

I'm glad you are back together, and that he's recovering. Give him a kiss for me! I think at this point, the rooster with pants is everyone's favorite. Make some videos, go viral with your story!
Thank you!!! I have lots of videos. But, I am dumb when it comes to viral videos. :he:idunno

I edited my post a bit to elaborate on what I meant. Yeah, bachelor pens aren’t found in nature. Neither are any other sort of pens, such as small pens with a single breeding pair.
I saw. I’m not wanting to hijack the thread I just haven’t seen many people admit that when I bring it up.
I never said keeping chickens in a pen was natural. I said that was the most “unnatural way of keeping roosters”. Meaning it’s pretty sad to see roosters attempting to mate each other because their hormones are raging and the owner just tosses them together in a pen because they don’t know what else to do with them and refuse to cull them.

I saw. I’m not wanting to hijack the thread I just haven’t seen many people admit that when I bring it up.
I never said keeping chickens in a pen was natural. I said that was the most “unnatural way of keeping roosters”. Meaning it’s pretty sad to see roosters attempting to mate each other because their hormones are raging and the owner just tosses them together in a pen because they don’t know what else to do with them and refuse to cull them.
In my opinion, bachelor pads are a much more natural way to keep chickens than a small breeding pen. However, that’s just my opinion, and I’m not going to argue with people who keep their birds that way or even point out that I think it’s unnatural if I see a picture of that setup/read about it. I specified that only one cockerel (not a fully grown rooster) has ever mounted another repeatedly. Maybe it is the most unnatural way to keep roosters. It worked for me, and it works for others. People view and keep their chickens differently and that’s okay.

Last edited:
In my opinion, bachelor pads are a much more natural way to keep chickens than a small breeding pen. However, that’s just my opinion, and I’m not going to argue with people who keep their birds that way or even point out that I think it’s wrong if I see a picture of that setup or read about it. I specified that only one cockerel (not a full grown rooster) has ever mounted another repeatedly. Maybe it is the most unnatural way to keep roosters. It worked for me, and it works for others. People view their chickens differently and that’s okay.
Uh huh. 👍

Back
Top Bottom