Rooster Stopped Crowing. . .?

LindsayRae

Songster
8 Years
Jun 16, 2015
Southern Pines, NC
Do roosters stop crowing because a sudden change in weather? It was very rainy(hurricane Joaquin), and then went from 70 to 33 degrees all in two weeks. Coop is kept clean, he's a free ranger, and eats chick starter on top of grass. He loves his grass, so I checked his crop or a wad- seemed like there was a bundle this morning- so have him locked him coop with probiotic water, oily bread and been massaging his crop(totally following youtube video minus the puke part). Just checked him, and seems like its getting smaller, even though I am not sure what size it ever was before!

Im just going down the list of things. His comb is perky, but pale. . . his tail is perky too, unless he's perched. Other than that- he's the same ol rooster. Anyone else have this happen???? He lost his voice! I'd take this as a blessing, but I know its not right. . .All my hens are fine too. I think they are loving this weather. Oh- the rooster is a buff orpington and is 9 months or so.

He also is very clean. No bugs, his poop is looking alright. . . Any words from the experienced?

I would also watch him for respiratory symptoms such as gasping, runny nose, eye drainage, or coughing. Fungal infection from mold can cause aspergillosis, another respiratory disease, and any respiratory disease may cause a voice change or decreased crowing. Instead of oil, encourage fluids, and give him some plain yogurt and egg for a day or two.

I would also watch him for respiratory symptoms such as gasping, runny nose, eye drainage, or coughing.  Fungal infection from mold can cause aspergillosis, another respiratory disease, and any respiratory disease may cause a voice change or decreased crowing. Instead of oil, encourage fluids, and give him some plain yogurt and egg for a day or two.
okay- hell get a nice break fast in the morning. There are no signs of respiratory anything. Ill keep a lookout. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom