Rooster stopped crowing

Lindz

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 8, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Ok, Ill probaby have to give a little back story here. I got my rooster Cooper about 3 months or so ago. He crowed all the time. I love the sound and I miss it. About 3 weeks ago I got 2 male ducks. They are in the same pin with my chickens. 2 weeks ago we offed a rooster, who I thought was a hen. Right around that time is when Cooper stopped crowing. And then this weekend I added 2 female ducks. He looks healthy, I checked him out and I don't see any lice or mites. His feathers are all nice and healthy looking. He looks great. I just don't understand why he stopped crowing. Any advice would be greatly appricated. Do you think he is ticked at me for putting ducks in their pin?

Did you get these new additions from somewhere you dont know? Like an auction? I introduced new chickens to my flock that seemed"ök"! No they were not...my first sign was my rooster stopped crowing all together hed try to crow and it sounded horrible! Id give them some vitamins in there water..I give mine neo chlor before ANY new birds to boost there immune system as a just in case thing. GOOD LUCK!

I got them from my friend that I met on here. Today he looks just down in the dumps. I think he maybe ill. Im going to the feed store later and I hope they have soemthing that I can give him.

Quote:
QUARANTINE no matter who you got him from...PERSONAL EXPERIENCE! cant say it enough or at least until you figure out whats wrong with him. Unfortunately I have CRD in my flock NEVER going away its hereiditary...but I keep them all monitored....

Back
Top Bottom