Rooster survived fox attack but not well

Red because chickens associate red with something interesting and likely good to eat. It's one reason I get so nervous when we get a lot of rain here and the red poisonous mushrooms pop out.

I think it may be time to start this patient on some vitamin E oil 400iu. to try to help repair possible neurological damage.
Red! I never made that connection, before. What a great suggestion ... THANKS!

Guess who is feeling a bit better this morning?

IMG_3126.jpg

He is drinking a little bit and actually managed a couple of mouthfuls of mashed egg for breakfast <3 I mixed them with a little egg and biscuit and extra water.

Still not drinking anywhere near enough according to you guys. He's probably had about a quarter cup tops over the last two days.

Update: Just ate a bit more egg from the bowl by himself!

View attachment 1930504

He is drinking a little bit and actually managed a couple of mouthfuls of mashed egg for breakfast <3 I mixed them with a little egg and biscuit and extra water.

Still not drinking anywhere near enough according to you guys. He's probably had about a quarter cup tops over the last two days.

Glad to see he's feeling a little better!

He is a fine looking fella! He does have an overgrown beak though, so you may want to slowly work on trimming that up over the next few weeks so he can eat/drink better.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/beak-and-claw-trimming.74570/

View attachment 1930504

Wow! He's looking MUCH better! Keep up the great work ... both of you!

Back
Top Bottom