Rooster {{ vent}}

okiehen

Songster
12 Years
Oct 25, 2007
Oklahoma
Why is it the pretty ones are sometimes the means ones.
This is the 3rd time I've been flogged , and he brought blood today. Got in while my back was turned. Worked my leg over.
I worked him over with the feed bucket, well he worked it over. ha ha.
He is going into pet taxi confinement tonight I'll not be flogged again. Then he is on the sale list.

Really,
lol.png
I'm
lol.png
not
lol.png
laughing
lol.png
at
lol.png
you
lol.png

I havent owned roosters so I dont know alot about it. I have read alot of stuff on here about behaviour modification concerning roosters though.

Thats funny that they attack like that.

<---- really is laughing at you

Last edited:
RoosterRed has a great "Bad roo attitude adjustment plan" mine is starting to be nicer but then again he was always nice to me but i guess that was the problem
big_smile.png

Something must have set him off. Maybe he didn't recognize you. Did you wear different shoes or clothes? Roosters sometimes don't realize people can change their feathers. They only see from the knees down mostly.

Ladies seem to have more trouble with this issue because they have different outfits. Guys usually just wear their work shoes and levis when tending the stock. Thick denim is pretty good protection.

Rufus

Last edited:
My roo attacked me every time I had the camera out. It totally freaked me out!! I hate how they wait until your back is turned or you're bending over. I got my head all bloodied up once when I was bending over tending to the feed. (and he was just a BANTAM SEBRIGHT!)
lau.gif

Last edited:
RUFUS!!!! what a sexist statment;)
i wear nothing but denim (well mostly) and BOOTS.. doesnt mean i want to be attacked... if i am FEEDING a critter it better not attack me.. jjjeeezzz even most of my SNAKES understand this,, and they have tiny little reptile brains... if a rooster attacks me i am gonna boot it.. and if does it again and again.. he gets to go meet MRwilliecoyote...

Behavior modification DOES NOT WORK on chickens. They have a brain the size of a pea and NO moral, legal, or logical laws that they follow. A mean rooster is a mean rooster and no amount of"training" will make him different than MEAN. They may recognize you as the human who gives them food but that's about it. A rooster that flogs humans is called "Dumplings". JMO

Quote:
You are very wrong. It isn't a matter of training, it's a matter of showing the rooster that you are the alpha roo. While I have no problem with serving him up with dumplings, you can back a 'bad' roo down, I've done it myself. Doesn't last forever, though, Stumpy and I have serious discussions twice now, the second time it seems to have worked for longer, he hasn't been back at me. We'll see how long it lasts - but I do keep my eye on him (and he knows it).

Quote:
Bantam Sebright- I have the meanest little dude I ever met. I NEVER turn my back on him- he has drawn blood through my jeans. Tried to "alpha" him many times; he acts all scared then attacks again. Not worth stewing, too small. So I just watch him, and keep the bucket handy!

My big roos are so much easier!

Back
Top Bottom