Rooster with badly swollen foot

Hi need help my roosters have swollon toes dont have scabs I been keeping them clean and in a clean pen been useing oliv oil and vasline I can show a pic if u.want please help

Hi need help my roosters have swollon toes dont have scabs I been keeping them clean and in a clean pen been useing oliv oil and vasline I can show a pic if u.want please help.....He dose have a sore spot on his foot there no way I can cut my rooster feet. How can I help my.rooster

Hi @lovechickens23 Can you post your photos?

Thats not what I mean not a member from there company I know allot about chickens but dont know what this is here his feet IMG_20170728_130950.jpg

Thats not what I mean not a member from there company I know allot about chickens but dont know what this is here his feetView attachment 1093132

No, I'm not a member of their company:)
How old is he?
Are there any scabs on the bottom of his feet?
What type of food/treats do you feed?

It's hard to know. He may have Bumblefoot which is a staph infection of the foot, but since it's in both feet it could be Gout. If you have a vet that can see him, that would be best.

Watch to see that he is drinking well. Offer poultry vitamins in his water for a couple of days.
For the feet, they look inflamed, you can soak in epsom salts to see if that will help reduce swelling. If he has a scab or defined wound on the feet, then you can try treating with Tricide Neo or have your vet prescribe an antibiotic.

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/3509/gout-management-in-poultry/

No dont know any chicken vet and I look and he is year old I feed layer feed and dont know what tricide is. And I read on here olive oil helps and and vasling. My mom dont want me to call the vet any ways dont know any. Some of my other chickens have it too. There in a big pen and barn but they eat all grass so now buddy when it rains. But he is in a sepret pen. And I have a hen that has swollen butt too. He dose have sore spots. I use proxcide. And some of there legs is rased up I did give them all baths

What kind of poultry vitemens sorry for spelling its my key board on my cell. I never use to have any chickens promblems my hole life now iam

Back
Top Bottom