Rooster with multiple sores on face

Hugs. Eye foam is a symptom of mycoplasma gallisepticum. That can cause a sinus infection, and symptoms can be treated with Tylan, Baytril, Tetracylcine drugs, and Denagard. If you do decide to put him down or he dies, I would save his body and get the necropsy by your state vet who can do lab cultures for MG and also look for other diseases.

There's three spots, maybe a 4th. None inside the mouth. The worst is the beak, then one behind his eye which you've noted, and on the other other side on his lower ear which is the first surgical site where the sore came back.

I hadn't thought about cancer. I hate cancer. Uuuuugh. Just lost my uncle to a rare cancer on Friday.

Yes he scratches it. Do cone collars work for birds?

What would the next step be? Xray? Blood culture? I want to do whatever I can for him, his flock adores him and he's trained, great with people.

Oh Dear! I'm so sorry:hugs

TBH, I do not know if Acidified Copper Sulfate can be used in conjunction with the antibiotics you are using or not. @casportpony or @Eggcessive may know, but since you have been under vet care, it's always good to consult them and discuss the course of treatment.

If he has been scratching he may have introduced some bacteria to his eye, but a lot of times bubbles can be a sign of MG (Mycoplasma). Have your vet test a swab to see what that could be.
General care would be to flush the eyes with saline and apply something like Terramycin eye ointment in the eye.

I'm so very sorry he is like this, he's beautiful and looks like such a good boy.

Vet got back to me. He said it "May indicate caseous pus in infraorbital sinus (not good)" and is willing to euthanize over the weekend before he starts to suffer. I'm lucky to have an amazing avian vet but i'm so devastated. I love this little bird. He's preening right now so he's not suffering yet. Uuuuugh.

Back
Top Bottom