Rooster with pecked, swollen, distended eye that STILL hasn't healed

Yazzo

Songster
9 Years
Jul 23, 2010
Aloha!
Well, a few months ago my Lakenvelder rooster, Paco, got into a fight with another rooster. I think his eye got pecked pretty bad because it was shut for at least a week afterward, not to mention all the feathers that got ripped out. However, that was months ago, and his eye STILL isn't better. Now, it's distended, the pupil is really wide most of the time, and he has trouble totally closing or opening it. I'm thinking that maybe it's a virus or cyst, but I don't know.....ideas?
hmm.png

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Someone actually wants to buy him, and I promised I would try to heal his eye before that time....I've looked into it before of course, but haven't been able to find any case exactly like this. I hate selling a rooster that isn't in peak condition though, so I hope it's something that isn't TOO hard to heal.....Normally, I would never leave a rooster for this long if he was hurt, but I wasn't sure if it was just a peck wound (I treated it as such, just cleaning it up), and it doesn't seem to bother him at all.
The rest of him is fine, except for a few rough feathers that need to be molted.

IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

As you can see, his right eye is fine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom