Rooster with swollen ear, won't stop drinking

Lost him. :(

His throat was obstructed again this AM, and he was back to not being able to eat or drink effectively. We removed quite a bit of the obstruction, but either we grabbed some tissue while we were getting it, or it was too firmly attached, but it opened a vein and he bled out. :(

Such a massive bummer.

Lessons learned - leave good enough alone. The bleach may or may not have killed enough of the fungus for him to have been able to eat and drink in a few hours, but I sure as hell killed him trying to remove enough of it for him to eat/drink.

So sorry for your loss. A necropsy done by your state vet or in California would be a good way to get the mass diagnosed. The body needs to be kept cold, but not frozen, and can be shipped overnight via Fedex or UPS if you live too far to drive it. Of course this is Friday, so call the lab first. They sometimes will send a prepaid shipping label especially, in CA.

Lost him. :(

His throat was obstructed again this AM, and he was back to not being able to eat or drink effectively. We removed quite a bit of the obstruction, but either we grabbed some tissue while we were getting it, or it was too firmly attached, but it opened a vein and he bled out. :(

Such a massive bummer.

Lessons learned - leave good enough alone. The bleach may or may not have killed enough of the fungus for him to have been able to eat and drink in a few hours, but I sure as hell killed him trying to remove enough of it for him to eat/drink.
I'm sorry for your loss :hugs

Back
Top Bottom