~ ROOSTER WITH YELLOWISH COMB, PLZ... NEED ADVICE... ~

RedWrangler

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2016
HI, I HAVE A 3 MO. OLD (RIR) ROOSTER THAT STILL HAS A YELLOWISH COMB & WATTLES. HE IS FULL OF ENERGY, EATS WELL & DRINKS PLENTY. HIS STOOL IS A GOOD COLOR & VERY SOLID, NO SIGNS OF WORMS OR OTHER EXTERNAL PARASITES. HE HAS ALL OF HIS FEATHERS BESIDES THE LONG TAIL FEATHERS, THEY ARE JUST BEGINNING TO GROW OUTWARD... BEFORE I GO TO A BIRD VET, OR JUST TREAT FOR WORMS, I WAS WONDERING IF THIS WAS JUST NORMAL..??? I ASK CUZ' I ALSO HAVE 5 HENS, FROM SAME CLUTCH WITH NICE RED COMB/WATTLE...

~ atm not really... trust me.. he is 100% healthy looking... big bright eyes, no mites, no lice, no legs mites, Full groomed feathers... just the comb/ wattles are still small & yellowish... comb is single pea, about 2" long & only about .5" high w/ 5 points 2nd point up from beak is kinda bent over some, but has Always been that way...(lol)

~ atm not really... trust me.. he is 100% healthy looking... big bright eyes, no mites, no lice, no legs mites, Full groomed feathers... just the comb/ wattles are still small & yellowish... comb is single pea, about 2" long & only about .5" high w/ 5 points 2nd point up from beak is kinda bent over some, but has Always been that way...(lol)

Quote: Even though it's hard to see each one individually in the photos, I don't see anything alarming, just normal color/development of Single Comb for RIR. The combs will be yellow/pink/reddish until they are sexually mature and begin to come into lay.

If he is eating, drinking, pooping, no sign of lice/mites and acting normal in every way, then just let him grow up, he will come along.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom