Roosters attacked Leghorn. Graphic Pics. Help :( ***UPDATE w/Pics!***

Wonder Dust is awesome! I used it on a leg wound for one of my horses years ago and it really worked great. There is another product that I absolutely love, it's made by Farnam and its called Trifecta 3 in 1. It's an antibotic cream with pain reliever built in AND it repels flies. I haven't had to use it on any of my chickens yet but I have used it in the barn on anything from goats to horses and it works great. Just an idea in case you can't find the Wonder Dust.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way to Leghorn. Hope she gets better soon
hugs.gif

UPDATE!

Leghorn is healed, with a brandnew hair do where her feathers have grown back really funny. She is also back with the girls. She is still having to struggle for her place (she lived in the house for a couple weeks then with my meaties for a couple weeks, and once she was healed enough, we moved her back into the coop, about a month ago). I hate how low on the food chain she is with the other hes, but I am so glad that she is better....hands down, though she is skittish as heck, she is my best layer, and my sons favorite chicken (he doesn't like chickens...so she's special).

Thank you for all the help...we came so close to culling her because it was just SO bad, but by following the advice given, I was able to get her back up and running
smile.png

She thanks you too!

DSCN2879.jpg

DSCN2882.jpg

Jessa

This story made me smile. One of our GLW had a similar experience, being attacked when she was new to the flock. Anyway, she now is completely healed, but with a new hair do. Her skin on her neck is perfect, but bald. She looks like she has a D.A. hairdo. We now call her Necklace (Neck-Less). She is a great layer and is back in the group with no problems at all. Chickens do heal amazingly well. She actually regrew new skin where there was none.

Back
Top Bottom