rooster's crow vs hen's egg song

FarmingCityGirl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Michigan
My hens have a really loud egg song that I can hear from pretty far away. The neighbors say they can't hear it. I was thinking about getting a rooster this coming spring. Is the rooster's crow way louder than an egg song? I know they can all be different...but I've never heard a rooster crow in real life lol. I don't want to get something that's going to piss off the neighbors, or wake us all up in the middle of the night. Also, is there anything else I need to do to my coop/run/feed if I get a rooster?

While each rooster is an individual, and size makes a difference in pitch of the crow, I think the average roosters crow is usually louder than the song the average girl does. One thing is that most roosters crow a lot more than the girls cackle... and besides crowing during the day, they tend to start very early in the morning and will crow at night anytime something disturbs them. People do do various things to keep their roosters quiet during certain times like at night, ie bring them in the house crated at night etc to keep them from disturbing the neighbors.

My hens have a really loud egg song that I can hear from pretty far away. The neighbors say they can't hear it. I was thinking about getting a rooster this coming spring. Is the rooster's crow way louder than an egg song? I know they can all be different...but I've never heard a rooster crow in real life lol. I don't want to get something that's going to piss off the neighbors, or wake us all up in the middle of the night. Also, is there anything else I need to do to my coop/run/feed if I get a rooster?
I am cracking up because I literally just googled "is a rooster's crow louder than a hen's egg song" for the exact reason as you posted this. Did you ever get one?

I am cracking up because I literally just googled "is a rooster's crow louder than a hen's egg song" for the exact reason as you posted this. Did you ever get one?
This thread is very old @Dhkoenig and the OP hasn't been around since 2015.
But I would say that, yes, a roosters crow is louder than most hens egg songs.

Back
Top Bottom