Roosters

lilah2002

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2020
Good morning! I'm new to owning chickens. I purchased my 4 chicks online I'm very excited the only thing is I have too many roosters the company I bought my chicks from sent me extra chicks just in case a few don't make the journey, but everyone made it. So now I'm stuck with 3 roosters not sure what to do with them? I can't keep them? Any suggestions please

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
How old are the cockerels?
I've successfully rehomed 7 cockerels by taking the best pictures I can get of them, preferably with nice plantings or other attractive scenery in the background, and posted them to CL for $5 or to FB Poultry groups for same. If I get someone interested, I ask what their intentions are for the boys. You usually don't get anyone willing to pay any amount of money for a bird they intend to put in the freezer.
All my boys have gone on to be flock leaders, breeder roosters or pets.

Good morning! I'm new to owning chickens. I purchased my 4 chicks online I'm very excited the only thing is I have too many roosters the company I bought my chicks from sent me extra chicks just in case a few don't make the journey, but everyone made it. So now I'm stuck with 3 roosters not sure what to do with them? I can't keep them? Any suggestions please
:welcome :welcome:welcome

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
How old are the cockerels?
I've successfully rehomed 7 cockerels by taking the best pictures I can get of them, preferably with nice plantings or other attractive scenery in the background, and posted them to CL for $5 or to FB Poultry groups for same. If I get someone interested, I ask what their intentions are for the boys. You usually don't get anyone willing to pay any amount of money for a bird they intend to put in the freezer.
All my boys have gone on to be flock leaders, breeder roosters or pets.
They are 4mos Australorp is the breed beautiful birds..thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom