Roosters

Trog

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 24, 2010
Bloomer
Is there such a thing as a nice rooster? Mine is charging my kids and me. What do I do?
somad.gif

Really? They're all mean, eh? Is there a certain breed known to be friendlier?

Last edited:
Nice roosters?? I never heard of one.My bared rrock is sort of peaceful.He tried to mow down my wife but she dominated him so now hes a pushover.

We had a rir roo and gave him up because he was dom.then we had a buff orp roo and he hit my wife,so he became dinner that same night.We had a oeg roo and he attacked my 11 yr old daughter,sold him.

to answer your question? your roo is a good candidate for the stew pot.

I dont think there is a nice roo unless you keep it as a pet from an egg.

What
smack.gif

This kind of angers me
somad.gif
I've had many nice roos over the years.

Mine have all been raised from chicks and I'm able to pick them up and everything and my wife and kids have too!!

Be nice to your roo
hugs.gif

I'm in the process of picking another roo right now will watch them for the three months till killing time and pick from there.
Just started another flock of plymouth rocks.

Blessings,
Jeremy

there are some really nice roos... alot has to do with the breed but also with a persons disposition around them. I have a RIR (which can be agressive) who used to attack me all the time. He never went after anyone else, just me. He quit after i cracked him in the head a few times with the feed bucket.

Anyway... I have 5 roos freeranging on my yard and he is the only one that has ever tried to get agressive. (2 RIR, 2 Brahma, and 1 SLW)

I used to have two really, I mean REALLY roosters. I told me brothers to shoot them ...
hide.gif

But ... I have some Very, Very Nice Roosters! Some come right up and jump in my lap and cuddle! lol Others are just kinda stand offish.
smile.png

I have heard the LF cochins and Salmon Faverolles are nice roosters in general.

I have a nice bantam cochin. I bring him in at night so he doesn't wake up the neighbors early in the morning so he is handled every day but have read some people think the bantams aren't as nice as the LF but I think it depends on how and how much they are handled.

Back
Top Bottom