Rouen Duck thread

Pics
Here is a picture of 3 of our ducks as ducklings. The Rouen drake is a couple of weeks older and wasn't with them. So we were told that the lighter one was the Blue Swedish (the one that might be a Khaki / mallard / Roune), The Black and Yellow was the Rouen (she was) and the almost all black with just a little bit of yellow on his breast was a Black Swedish (the one that might be a silver appleyard or welsh).
Oh my, her duckling photos look identical to Vanilla Bean when she was little. I do not have good photos.

Here is a picture of 3 of our ducks as ducklings. The Rouen drake is a couple of weeks older and wasn't with them. So we were told that the lighter one was the Blue Swedish (the one that might be a Khaki / mallard / Roune), The Black and Yellow was the Rouen (she was) and the almost all black with just a little bit of yellow on his breast was a Black Swedish (the one that might be a silver appleyard or welsh).
Seeing the duckling pictures makes me think that the light one could be a blue Rouen I think they are called. But then again your "black Swedish" looks nothing like a swedish

Hi!!! I have a question for those more experienced Rouen owners: how many eggs does the female typically lay? Mine has laid 21 so far!!! I'm starting to think she isn't going to stop!! And she only sits on them at night, and covers them with hay during the day, is that normal? Thanks ahead ;)

Rouens lay between 140-180 eggs a yr. I got that off Metzer Farms website. I know I would loose track if tried to keep count. Hmm how many eggs are in her nest? 21?

Can someone explain this to me

I have read Rouens lay white eggs

This is not white and I have 4 more like it

Can someone explain this to me

I have read Rouens lay white eggs

This is not white and I have 4 more like it

Hmm it could just be the color. Have they just started laying? Because that could be why it has a slightly different color. It looks grayish if I'm seeing the color correctly.

Back
Top Bottom