Rowdy is certianly living up to his name!

Cheri

Songster
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Dayton, TX
I am pretty sure Rowdy is a Roo despite the fact that he is 9 weeks old and hasn't crowed yet.

I went out this morning and he was waiting for me. He was on the shelf looking out the coop. He started talking to me and trying once again to eat my wedding ring. I went in and started feeding them and he still stayed on the shelf. I looked up and he tried to peck my head! Then I would try to pick him up and he would peck my fingers. He flapped down and then he started on my toes. I started fussing with him and he stretched up and took my shirt and tried to run with it. Actually it is a nightgown. It has brown, blue and pink. Then he stretched up and tried to peck my leg!!! Is this some sort of wierd chicken affection or is he mean?
lau.gif

Ok so now Rowdy has his own special Thread. I was sitting on a chair feeding them worms. I wasn't paying attention and Rowdy pecked my bottom!!! He bit me last night. I kinda like the old bird.

Dan and I were working in the yard trying to get it ready for moving day and I heard this wierd noise. Rowdy was trying to crow!! It was more like BOK BOK! But hey it's something. Do female chickens get wattles?

I'd rather have a roo that messes around with more than one that ignores me. Ours used to ignore me even when I had treats. They wanted nothing to do with me. I like a bird with spunk!

Yeah he does have that! Foggy just looks at me with disdain and Rocky isn't too thrilled with me since I accidently hurt him.

My RIR hen, Marti, is full of sass like that, too.

She'll literally try to flog you like Billy does...especially if you take too long on the morning feed run.

I would chalk it up, at least right now, to Rowdy just being full of "piss and vinegar"...some just are more outgoing than others.

Like I said........I love that old bird. My hubby thinks it is funny. He started out by pecking my toes.

Rowdy misses me. I cannot go into the coop but I will go by the window and he gets up in the chair and talks to me. I haven't ever heard him crow. He makes a chirping noise.

Back
Top Bottom