Royal palm poult growth

Coolbreeze89

Songster
5 Years
Apr 7, 2018
Central Texas
Do royal palm poults grow more slowly than midget white poults? My MW seemed to gain weight/size faster than the new RP poults I got. Just wondered if it could be a nutrition issue. Thanks!

Do royal palm poults grow more slowly than midget white poults? My MW seemed to gain weight/size faster than the new RP poults I got. Just wondered if it could be a nutrition issue. Thanks!
It could be both. MW are supposed to be broad breasted while Royal Palms are not and are one of the smaller heritage varieties.

If you aren't feeding them a quality turkey/gamebird starter that is at least 28% protein, it could definitely be the nutrition.

It could be both. MW are supposed to be broad breasted while Royal Palms are not and are one of the smaller heritage varieties.

If you aren't feeding them a quality turkey/gamebird starter that is at least 28% protein, it could definitely be the nutrition.

They’re on 24% chick starter (I compared ingredients to gamebird, but that’s not available near me). I give peas daily for extra niacin, too, and some mealworms, too. Anything else you’d advise supplementing with? Thanks so much!

Same exact breeds and size issue I am dealing with...Did you happen to purchase from hatchery in southern US ? I am thinking I got an assortment of various breeds of white turkeys.Do your palms have any striping yet ?

Same exact breeds and size issue I am dealing with...Did you happen to purchase from hatchery in southern US ? I am thinking I got an assortment of various breeds of white turkeys.Do your palms have any striping yet ?

I got my birds locally from different farms. The RPs do have some small black tips on wings, but that’s it so far. They hatched first week of May.

My RP are still white.....So not sure what I have as thinking some color should show now that they are getting feathers.But mine are hatchery stock so anything possible.

They’re on 24% chick starter (I compared ingredients to gamebird, but that’s not available near me). I give peas daily for extra niacin, too, and some mealworms, too. Anything else you’d advise supplementing with? Thanks so much!
Give them hard boiled eggs that have been peeled and crumbled. Get a good quality B complex vitamin and mix a half a capsule with a gallon of water. It has to be made fresh daily.

The problem with the chick starter is not only does it not have the proper amount of protein but is also lacking in the higher levels of lysine, methionine and niacin that a proper turkey/gamebird starter has.

Give them hard boiled eggs that have been peeled and crumbled. Get a good quality B complex vitamin and mix a half a capsule with a gallon of water. It has to be made fresh daily.

The problem with the chick starter is not only does it not have the proper amount of protein but is also lacking in the higher levels of lysine, methionine and niacin that a proper turkey/gamebird starter has.

Will do. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom