Rubber band wrapped around leg of pigeon

Pics
@RoostersAreAwesome how's RB doing? Is the foot still intact? I've been thinking about you both :frow

The last thing I need is more birds, so I come to admire these beauties too often ☺️ They're so gorgeous
Surprisingly, her foot’s still attached. Here’s some pictures:
AD87521A-F2EC-4AE3-AB8B-530A27CDE7EB.jpeg
EE1566B8-95C8-4C41-B880-90AAECFF2D32.jpeg
F043D386-0162-40A2-A6D4-F0D26DC967A0.jpeg

Bonus shot of her face:
9A11E976-6EFE-4E92-9B49-7C4BB4827A06.jpeg
The new rescue (pigeons are so shiny!):
45865C80-D613-47F7-A2D3-536DBA51D4DE.jpeg

Rubber band is doing well and acting like a normal pigeon other than her limp. She’s very hard to catch. :lol:

It still looks like it will separate any time now, but every case is different and there is unseen healing taking place underneath what is visible. In the photo below of my hen's left foot, it separated two days after the picture was taken. I corresponded at the time with someone who had a rooster that lost his foot to frostbite, & when i sent her the pic, she estimated only a few days before it came off. She was right! But then my hen's right foot took an additional 7 weeks to detach AFter the left foot came off. The right foot detachment process was way more lengthy and complicated.

Photo below taken april 2, 2021. (Hen was in a sling at the time, with foot dangling below.) Foot separated april 4. I think photo looks very similiar to your pigeon's leg/foot.
20210402_093933.jpg

She's so pretty! I'm seriously considering pigeons now😂
Awesome! :D If you want my advice, I’d say to do your research and consider looking for rescues, since there are plenty in need of homes. One neat thing about pigeons is that they aren’t as susceptible to disease as chickens, meaning that one pigeon from a questionable source won’t cause your whole flock to be lifetime carriers of a virus. That’s actually the reason I got my first pigeons after I figured out my chickens have Marek’s.

That’s what I feared. However, I was wondering why the foot turned red before it turned purple, if anyone knows?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but in the photo the other foot is red. If you do a simple search for "pigeon with red feet", you will see that pigeons have red feet.

Edited because I realize this post is a bit old and have seen the updates.

How's RB doing?
Good! She still hasn’t lost her foot, though.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but in the photo the other foot is red. If you do a simple search for "pigeon with red feet", you will see that pigeons have red feet.

Edited because I realize this post is a bit old and have seen the updates.
I know pigeon feet are red, I was wondering why the foot seemed to recover before going downhill again.

Back
Top Bottom