Rubber band wrapped around leg of pigeon

Pics
She’s good! Though her foot still hasn’t fallen off. She also has a new friend- another “release dove” I had to catch. :hmm
I'm so happy she's doing well. Maybe the speed (or lack of) of her foot separating has something to do with the type of injury or because she's so small compared to Matilda? It's interesting that it's still attached. Does she avoid using the leg in any way or does she hobble around slightly using it? I seriously hate this for any bird but I am curious. Sounds like she's got an inspiring will to survive 💜
How's the newcomer? Is it a new addition to your flock or do you have contact info from the release?
Thank you for the update 😀

Does the rest of her leg look more inflamed or does it still look healthy?
The area where her leg connects with the dead foot is more swollen, but I think that’s just because it’s in the process of separating. I’ll take some new pictures soon.
I'm so happy she's doing well. Maybe the speed (or lack of) of her foot separating has something to do with the type of injury or because she's so small compared to Matilda? It's interesting that it's still attached. Does she avoid using the leg in any way or does she hobble around slightly using it? I seriously hate this for any bird but I am curious. Sounds like she's got an inspiring will to survive 💜
How's the newcomer? Is it a new addition to your flock or do you have contact info from the release?
Thank you for the update 😀
I don’t know, maybe less pressure is put on her foot? She does try to avoid using that leg, and usually holds it up instead of resting it on the ground.
I’m keeping the newbie, I’m pretty sure that it was originally from the same person as the other “dove release” bird I caught. From how I see it, either this person is selling birds that don’t have good homing instincts to misinformed people, or is releasing the pigeons themselves, both of which makes me think they don’t particularly care about their birds. Both released pigeons don’t even have leg bands.

Neet Neet with the new pigeon:
084094D3-A70A-4BB6-9A77-4852025D80BE.jpeg
All of my pigeons, the two white ones were dancing and cooing to each other (typically a male behavior):
E2571CEA-3874-4B89-8BD7-5B44ADE1A246.jpeg

Hi @RoostersAreAwesome i read through RB's entire thread again just now to refresh my memory. After seeing the photo again from early october, im still very surprised her dead foot is still attached. Reinforces yet again that every case is unique, & patience is the key while a dying appendage heals and separates from within.

Earlier in your thread i posted a pic of Matilda's left foot a few days before it separated, which looked very similiar to RB's foot a full month ago. (And yet RB''s foot is still attached). Below is Matilda's Right foot 2 days before it separated. As you can see in photo, her right foot never did turn completely black. Yet 2 days after photo, entire top of foot and all toes detached. And while her left foot detached 6 weeks after frostbite injury, the right foot took an additional 7 weeks After the left foot, meaning 13 weeks after initial injury. Proving that even on the same bird, each case is unique.
20210524_135157.jpg

Back
Top Bottom