Ruby - possible unwell. Again.

It’s a repeat of last year. The doctor is unable to drain fluid, though she has a lot, just like last year. The fluid is sequestered up high. We saw a little, and it’s clear. The doctor does not suspect cancer, since her condition and feathering are so good. She does not suspect EYP, since we did not see egg yolk.

Doc says since we even here revisiting the issue, she has more in the positive than negative. She does suspect advanced oviductal disease. We’re doing another round of last year’s treatment.

@Kiki she is fat, too! Doc recommends slimming them down, which I have been trying to do. Going to take more drastic measures.

I also shared Margo’s necropsy results. The vet explained it was EYP, but the egg yolk stayed around her ovary and kidneys, which is why it didn’t show in the prelim. She agreed she may have gone septic.

Last edited:
It’s a repeat of last year. The doctor is unable to drain fluid, though she has a lot, just like last year. The fluid is sequestered up high. We saw a little, and it’s clear. The doctor does not suspect cancer, since her condition and feathering are so good. She does not suspect EYP, since we did not see egg yolk.

Doc says since we even here revisiting the issue, she has more in the positive than negative. She does suspect advanced oviductal disease. We’re doing another round of last year’s treatment.

@Kiki she is fat, too! Doc recommends slimming them down, which I have been trying to do. Going to take more drastic measures.

I also shared Margo’s necropsy results. The vet explained it was EYP, but the egg yolk stayed around her ovary and kidneys, which is why it didn’t show in the prelim. She agreed she may have gone septic.
I thought you stopped giving treats missy.

I thought you stopped giving treats missy.
I did! The feed is the problem. I’ve been using grower as an all flock raiser. Until I find an organic, non GMO flock raiser, I’ll have to put them on the low quality stuff for now. I will also start rationing feed. I’m just not sure what the right daily amount is!

I did! The feed is the problem. I’ve been using grower as an all flock raiser. Until I find an organic, non GMO flock raiser, I’ll have to put them on the low quality stuff for now. I will also start rationing feed. I’m just not sure what the right daily amount is!
About 3/4 per bird.
I'd give a little less than that.

Remind me what feed you use please.
I want to look it up on my Google sheet.

Back
Top Bottom