Rude posters! *Rant*

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggie71

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Shamong, NJ
I have posted on this site as well as on another forum about my son's pig being in a contest and have asked for help with votes. I have gotten quite a few votes from both sites. Just got a response from the other site that I was wrong for asking for help, who am I to ask for people to vote for a pig, It is mere "cheating" in his opinion to ask others to help.
The following is the conversation. Am I wrong?

RE: Please vote!
Please vote for my sons pig? I think this is completely insane.

Poster:
Its a lovely pig as all pigs surely are except the one on my plate which was very tasty indeed.

Trying to lobby for a pig is just unbelievable may we please see the competition before we vote for your swine?

Just maybe the little foal with the frost encrusted whiskers is even cuter? Even though he hasnt nor will ever have tortoise connections?

You are nutz, its official
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any way my firm favorites are Rory and Buddy. If you need the prise winning feed to keep piggles alive I will gladly supply, but he isnt the winner in my eyes.

Me:
Wow! Really?! Just don't vote. If you don't agree fine, but how rude are you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poster:

HAHAHA Rude??? Im being asked to vote for a pig even though I haven't had the chance to even see the competition, whose rude?

What makes pig more deserving than anyone else in the competition? Our own judgement surely?

I happen to think this is cheating. So there.

In my opinion which is surely valid in this unbelievably crazy scheme of things, i am asked to vote!

I go with Rory or Buddy.

Any problem????

Me:

So the cat that is just laying on the couch with 2067 votes (not very cute by MY opinion) didn"t have others voting for him? I believe my son's pig is adorable. Again my opinion. If you don't agree. Don't vote! If you love Rory and/or Buddy vote for them. If you want to help a 13 year old boy win a contest for his pet then help him. Your choice.
ETA: The rules are 1 vote per IP address. Not that you can't spread the word and have others vote for your pet. It is also a cutest pet contest. Not just a cutest dog or cat contest. Our pig is not the only pig in the contest nor is he the only non-dog or cat. There is a turtle, hedgehog, rabbit, etc.

Poster:

Honestly I dont know your son. Right. So Im voting unbiased. Right? Pigs are indeed sweet maybe your son should have been in the picture loving mr/mrs piggeldy.

The cat on the mat didnt attract me at all but Rory and Buddy did.

Please stop trying to swing the vote by appealing to your buddies. If its so importnt I will supply you with a years pig food OK

Im sure your son will continue loving piggeldy as before no matter what the outcome?

If he doesnt then maybe its time for a horse hahahahah

I've decided not to respond again.

Folks like that I call trolls and kick under the bridge where they belong. Ignore them.

Seems like that poster was looking for attention in the form of a fight, which you started to give him/her. Some people like to argue in order to feel smart.

You made the smart choice by deciding to ignore him/her.

I asked for votes for my sons dog pic once nothing wrong with asking at all ignore that person
smile.png

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for votes, although, I usually don't vote on things like that........Not a thing wrong with that though.

Strange person who responded to your request in such a strange way.......Seemed to me he/she was just having a little fun with you--meaning he/she just got their thrill of the day by upsetting you. (How sad--that person needs to get a life.)

I'm with you, he/she could have just not voted rather than be rude. I agree with other posters just to ignore people like that. They're like cyber bullies in my opinion, and if you respond, then it's like giving them a reward or a treat!

I'd ignore it next time.

Take care,
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom