Run away ducks

SharRZ

Hatching
Jun 23, 2019
I raised 6 Khaki Cambell ducks. I gave away the 2 females because the ration male to female didn't work and I was afraid for the females. When left with the 4 males about a week after the females were gone the ducks went down the backyard small brook and settled in at my neighbors yard and brook I think because the water is deeper there and won't come back. I used to give them free rain during the day and then they would come to my call to go into their pen and then shed at night. They haven't come back. What should I do? I don't want to lock them into their pen all day long they love the brook and the freedom. P.s. my neighbor doesn't mind the ducks there.

You will either need to pen them or let them go. They swimming is too good.
Thanks for the reply! They were gone for 2 days and 2 nights. Much to my surprise they returned to their pen yesterday afternoon about the time I used to get them into their pen. I gated them in for the night. Note the pen is enclosed but no top but access to a shed that they grew up in. Instead of closing them in the shed which is what I was doing I left the shed doors open. Granted something could climb over the 4 foot fence to get in but maybe they won't feel as captive? Or should I go back to closing them into the shed at night if they do return to the pen in the afternoon? These guys are getting complicated!!!

Back
Top Bottom