*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Hii everyone,

I have a runner duck egg in my bator and it stated to tap its shell last night around 9:00 pm.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

I came back to check on it just before and it hasn't only just made a tiny pip(and I can hear it still pipping away, so it hasn't died) ! I read up on the net and it says that its normal for duckling eggs, but it also said something about spraying the eggs with misty water. im doing the dry method where you don't add water so, should I spray the egg or not??

thanks for any replies, and if you have caught on yet this is my first time hatching out duckling eggs(I have hatched out chicken eggs)

Hii everyone,

I have a runner duck egg in my bator and it stated to tap its shell last night around 9:00 pm.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

I came back to check on it just before and it hasn't only just made a tiny pip(and I can hear it still pipping away, so it hasn't died) ! I read up on the net and it says that its normal for duckling eggs, but it also said something about spraying the eggs with misty water. im doing the dry method where you don't add water so, should I spray the egg or not??

thanks for any replies, and if you have caught on yet this is my first time hatching out duckling eggs(I have hatched out chicken eggs)
You might want to read this since it give info on hatching water fowl. and lacrystol is expert on hatching ducks you could send her a PM.I haven't heard of using dry method for hatching ducklings. Hope the lil one hatches for you.
fl.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed it says goose but it's for ducks too.

thanks soo much for your help, the little guy is making a bigger pip.
woot.gif
I hope he goes alright
fl.gif
If he's not out yet,

I would get a spray bottle and spray him, you can use the dry method but you still have to get the humidity up when close to hatching otherwise they struggle and it takes a lot longer. But one good spray and it seems like they just slip right...

Remember Momma ducks always take a swim and sit on her eggs when its time for them to escape from jail..

Yay great news. keep us updated it can sure be nerve wracking.

Quote:
If he's not out yet,

I would get a spray bottle and spray him, you can use the dry method but you still have to get the humidity up when close to hatching otherwise they struggle and it takes a lot longer. But one good spray and it seems like they just slip right...

Remember Momma ducks always take a swim and sit on her eggs when its time for them to escape from jail.

he's still going on strong, but hasn't made too much progress, the hole its made it big enough for the tip if its beak to stick out, I think ill give him a spray and see if that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom