*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Hello All! I raise Fawn and White Indian Runners and I have lots of fun with them! I have one drake and one hen I hatched out on my own! I bought them as eggs from a hatchery and only 2 eggs since I was confident in myself and I was lucky to get a hen and a drake! There names are Kenia and Kida! They are 2 years old now and will be three March 1! Kida has hatched out 4 eggs her first year 2 hens and 2 drakes. This year she had 6 ducklings, 3 drakes, and 3 hens. Kenia and Kida still follow me and come when they are called! If I shout their names from one end of the yard and they are on the other side they will come running to me! I can leave a gate open and they will not get out unless somebody goes near the gate and calls their name! Kida when she had ducklings I was the only one aloud to handle her babies without getting bit.
Last year

This year

Hello everyone :D I got my first trio of white runner ducks yesterday at a poultry show! I actually got them by semi accident, there was a silent auction and I was showing my friend how they worked, and I ended up being the only one who bid on them lol The male is Ferdinand and the two girls are Rosanna and Danna. I'll post a picture of them later (my phone won't upload the picture right now)

Hello All! I raise Fawn and White Indian Runners and I have lots of fun with them! I have one drake and one hen I hatched out on my own! I bought them as eggs from a hatchery and only 2 eggs since I was confident in myself and I was lucky to get a hen and a drake! There names are Kenia and Kida! They are 2 years old now and will be three March 1! Kida has hatched out 4 eggs her first year 2 hens and 2 drakes. This year she had 6 ducklings, 3 drakes, and 3 hens. Kenia and Kida still follow me and come when they are called! If I shout their names from one end of the yard and they are on the other side they will come running to me! I can leave a gate open and they will not get out unless somebody goes near the gate and calls their name! Kida when she had ducklings I was the only one aloud to handle her babies without getting bit.
Last year

This year

so cute!! your ducks are really pretty and your ducklings look just like my little duckling (although they probably all look the same when they are babies!)

Last year

This year

Just beautiful, thanks for sharing them with us.

Hello everyone
big_smile.png
I got my first trio of white runner ducks yesterday at a poultry show! I actually got them by semi accident, there was a silent auction and I was showing my friend how they worked, and I ended up being the only one who bid on them lol The male is Ferdinand and the two girls are Rosanna and Danna. I'll post a picture of them later (my phone won't upload the picture right now)
Congratulations.. .look forward to seeing them.

Hey there,

Just added 6 Runner ducklings to our flock-- 4 Black & 2 Blue. These guys are hilarious, super fast, and at 2 weeks old are really starting to resemble a Velociraptor! We've even witnessed them catching & eating flies right out of the air already! Geniuses!

One thing I've noticed that seems a bit odd-- they do this really silly, half sitting position on just the bottom portion of their legs (right below the joint). All 6 of them seem to do this, and they don't exhibit any real symptoms of stress or harm-- so I'm assuming this is just a breed trait. Does this sound like normal Runner behavior?

Hey there,

Just added 6 Runner ducklings to our flock-- 4 Black & 2 Blue. These guys are hilarious, super fast, and at 2 weeks old are really starting to resemble a Velociraptor! We've even witnessed them catching & eating flies right out of the air already! Geniuses!

One thing I've noticed that seems a bit odd-- they do this really silly, half sitting position on just the bottom portion of their legs (right below the joint). All 6 of them seem to do this, and they don't exhibit any real symptoms of stress or harm-- so I'm assuming this is just a breed trait. Does this sound like normal Runner behavior?

That's what mine did.
1f603.png

DVISE AND INFO WANTED!!:)
any advise on getting started with keeping Runners would be fab, we are only in the researching stages at the moment and developing an area in the garden for our new pals, we have two medium sping fed ponds so looking to incorporate one into the duck area!

Back
Top Bottom