*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

They sure look like they could be, but there is no way to get harlequins out of trouts.... Unless you got ducks from someone that was breeding for harlequin runners in a previous generation. Do you have photos of you adult ducks?
Did Dave Holderread beed Harleys? I have a gold dusky & a trout in that pen. All my first generation ducks are from the Holderread's farm.
Last year I ghatched one that had yellow fuzz that has a darker point. It grew up to be a cream duck with speckles on the head and the tail. Pretty girl.
I think these are the same. Kind of like a very very light harlequin.
love.gif
I think I will have to keep 2 to see...just in case. For the sake of science.
lau.gif

2 blue trouts + 1 saxony + 2 gold trouts + 1 gold dusky + one penciled + 1 trout + 1 trout & white + 6 valentines ducklings + 2 creamies = 6
Yup fits in my duck run.
ya.gif

Last edited:
No, Holderread never bred harlequin runners. I think I may be the first to have them (on this continent, at least).

Would love to see pictures of your little ones as they grow up. I suspect maybe they are some form of double blue dusky....double blues can be very light like that.

You are much braver than I am! I couldn't handle hatching. They are even smaller and more precious than when they arrive in a box a couple days old and you have a base mortality rate plus you have to get the temperature and the humidity just right and they need to be rotated, but not disturbed too much and
barnie.gif
then you have to deal with whatever sex you get. I would be in a padded room for sure! But after YOU deal with all that... I would LOVE to see all the pictures
big_smile.png
love.gif
pop.gif

I'm not that brave. . in fact I'm quite anxious about my 'lings. It's day 30 of hatch and they are still working their way out of their shells. 1 died part-way out of the egg. . and others are still pecking away.
fl.gif

I'm not that brave. . in fact I'm quite anxious about my 'lings. It's day 30 of hatch and they are still working their way out of their shells. 1 died part-way out of the egg. . and others are still pecking away.
fl.gif
I am so sorry for your loss and continued difficulties
hugs.gif
. You are brave though. You went into this situation. Now all you can do is endure. If you weren't anxious, that wouldn't make you brave, it would make you unfeeling. Hopefully the rest will work their way out and be strong and healthy. For what it is worth, mine are in their box. They left the hatchery yesterday and they should be here tomorrow or Thursday. That means their welfare is beyond the control of the hatchery and I can't do anything for them yet. So I am also anxious
fl.gif
. I guess we can hope for all these little critters together...

fl.gif

hugs.gif

I am so sorry for your loss and continued difficulties
hugs.gif
. You are brave though. You went into this situation. Now all you can do is endure. If you weren't anxious, that wouldn't make you brave, it would make you unfeeling. Hopefully the rest will work their way out and be strong and healthy. For what it is worth, mine are in their box. They left the hatchery yesterday and they should be here tomorrow or Thursday. That means their welfare is beyond the control of the hatchery and I can't do anything for them yet. So I am also anxious
fl.gif
. I guess we can hope for all these little critters together...
hugs.gif

Blueducklings - in the top picture, your duckling in the middle is soooo cute! It looks a lot like mine. What color is it? I'm trying to figure out what color my duckling is.

I'm keeping these 2
I want to see if they are going to be apple yard looking
I see the apleyard markings on the head
Did not see it at day one but am seeing it now at day 3

Please keep us posted with photos. It will be very interesting. What colors were the parents?
They came from the rainbow pen with Scooter as the dad and no idea who the mom is.
Scooter is a trout.
I did not keep track of their social activities
idunno.gif

I only tracked the blue trouts and the gold trouts

I will take some more pictures of the 2 trouble makers
clap.gif
Should be fun to watch Maui & Kauai grow.

Batch 2 of my trout runners are out
I think I have one that I might keep

See the one on the far right?
Wow, these look quite a bit like my newest hatches (I'll post photos tomorrow). I've got some runner ducklings out of I think a mallard hen X fawn/white drake. I've been trying to figure out what color they are. They look like the ones on the bottom left of the lower photo and one looks like the darker ones on the top photo.

Back
Top Bottom