*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
Hi all I am new to runner ducks and waterfowl, but, nonetheless I love them. I just got my first ducklings today. 4 runners in black, blue, chocolate, and fawn and white, sadly the black one never made it to my house alive. I am now down to three, but, they are cheeping, eating, drinking, and napping. They all seem very healthy and happy. They are busy, busy checking out their temporary housing until they can go outside to their garden pond. I cannot wait. I will post pictures soon. They get up and run from one end of their temporary housing to the other it is rather hilarious. They also nap just about every hour underneath their feather duster. It is way cute.
thumbsup.gif
AWE!! Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
Sorry to hear about the one you lost
sad.png

Here are some pics of our babies
love.gif

Kaname a few hrs old (incubator went up really high in temp, had to take him out and fix it)

Kaname

Kaname

Yuki

Yuki

I'm such a proud mama!! (and daddy is too lol). I gotta take some new pics of my chicks, they are almost 4 weeks old! I can't believe how much they've grown!!!!!!

She's doing great!
celebrate.gif
She's still wobbly and off a bit, and I'm pretty sure she is a "special" baby, but shes really improved!!! YAY!!!
wee.gif
AND BABY #2 HATCHED TODAY AROUND 11AM!
jumpy.gif
He's doing very well!!!! My hubby named him Kaname (Kahn-a-may), because that's a girl named Yuki's brother in an Anime show we watch LOL. He's hooked! He INSISTED he's the first thing Kaname saw when he was born so he'd imprint on him!
lau.gif
He's all proud of "his" duckie! They both seem to be doing great! YAAAAAYYYYYYY!
wee.gif
clap.gif
Thank you for all of the concern and support! I really appreciate it!
hugs.gif
So on a different note.... I have 8 pheasant eggs being shipped to me (4 Lady Amherst, 4 Red Goldens) and I was SUPPOSED to get them today.... Well the STUPID ***** POST OFFICE SENT THEM TO THE WRONG P.O!!!
somad.gif
They sent them to Pottstown Pa... That's a 2 hr drive there and back! AND INSTEAD OF SHIPPING THEM TO WHERE THEY BELONG THEY ARE MAKING ME COME GET THEM! UUUGGGHHH!
barnie.gif
Like I needed anything else right now! I have duck and EE eggs coming (due to be here tomorrow) and button quail eggs (due tomorrow as well) and SO HELP ME if they "MIS-SHIP" (as they called it) those too! I WILL FREAK!
rant.gif
The pheasants are supposed to be my son's and he's all excited and now that they have BOUNCED THEM ALL OVER THE PLACE there's a very good chance he won't get any to hatch
th.gif
.... Wow I hate my luck! LOL. Ntm, every 8 hrs when I take this antibiotic I get really sick(I start to feel a bit better about an hr or so before my next dose).... But, I HAVE BABIES!
ya.gif
LOL That makes it a bit better! That's so cool that you named your car that!
big_smile.png
I love it! LOL that's how I think Yuki might be... an ungrateful brat LOL, she nips at me all the time (now that her eyes are open and she can see lol), and that's too cute that Scrumpy likes cider!
gig.gif
the hubby and I decided we need some rest so we are going to lay in bed and watch movies as soon as the kiddies go to bed at 8pm (only 31 mins left LOL!) I could use some nice resting time!!!
th.gif
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! So happy and relieved for you! Love the new ones name too! I cant believe that with the post office, it's their mistake, they should get them to you! How long gave you got left on your antibiotics? I was on some the other week, first lot didn't do slit and with the 2nd lot I we being sick within half an hour of taking them. They had a warning on the package saying do not lay down for half an hour after taking or can cause ulcerations! So when they started coming back up I just though oh god it's going to dissolve my throat! But I'm ok phew. Didn't take anymore after that!n

Hi all I am new to runner ducks and waterfowl, but, nonetheless I love them. I just got my first ducklings today. 4 runners in black, blue, chocolate, and fawn and white, sadly the black one never made it to my house alive. I am now down to three, but, they are cheeping, eating, drinking, and napping. They all seem very healthy and happy. They are busy, busy checking out their temporary housing until they can go outside to their garden pond. I cannot wait. I will post pictures soon. They get up and run from one end of their temporary housing to the other it is rather hilarious. They also nap just about every hour underneath their feather duster. It is way cute.
thumbsup.gif
Cant wait for pictures. I wonder if 2 of mine will be faun. I'm new to this too so not overly sure what they will turn out like! they sleep under a feather duster, that's such a good idea, to imitate mummy duck yeah?

Here are some pics of our babies
love.gif
Kaname a few hrs old (incubator went up really high in temp, had to take him out and fix it) Kaname Kaname Yuki Yuki I'm such a proud mama!! (and daddy is too lol). I gotta take some new pics of my chicks, they are almost 4 weeks old! I can't believe how much they've grown!!!!!!
They are gorgeous! Kaname looks really grey in the top pic! So cute, what breed were they? Sorry I've got a goldfish brain atm!

She's doing great!
celebrate.gif
She's still wobbly and off a bit, and I'm pretty sure she is a "special" baby, but shes really improved!!! YAY!!!
wee.gif
AND BABY #2 HATCHED TODAY AROUND 11AM!
jumpy.gif
He's doing very well!!!! My hubby named him Kaname (Kahn-a-may), because that's a girl named Yuki's brother in an Anime show we watch LOL. He's hooked! He INSISTED he's the first thing Kaname saw when he was born so he'd imprint on him!
lau.gif
He's all proud of "his" duckie! They both seem to be doing great! YAAAAAYYYYYYY!
wee.gif
clap.gif
Thank you for all of the concern and support! I really appreciate it!
hugs.gif

So on a different note.... I have 8 pheasant eggs being shipped to me (4 Lady Amherst, 4 Red Goldens) and I was SUPPOSED to get them today.... Well the STUPID ***** POST OFFICE SENT THEM TO THE WRONG P.O!!!
somad.gif
They sent them to Pottstown Pa... That's a 2 hr drive there and back! AND INSTEAD OF SHIPPING THEM TO WHERE THEY BELONG THEY ARE MAKING ME COME GET THEM! UUUGGGHHH!
barnie.gif
Like I needed anything else right now! I have duck and EE eggs coming (due to be here tomorrow) and button quail eggs (due tomorrow as well) and SO HELP ME if they "MIS-SHIP" (as they called it) those too! I WILL FREAK!
rant.gif
The pheasants are supposed to be my son's and he's all excited and now that they have BOUNCED THEM ALL OVER THE PLACE there's a very good chance he won't get any to hatch
th.gif
.... Wow I hate my luck! LOL. Ntm, every 8 hrs when I take this antibiotic I get really sick(I start to feel a bit better about an hr or so before my next dose).... But, I HAVE BABIES!
ya.gif
LOL That makes it a bit better!

That's so cool that you named your car that!
big_smile.png
I love it! LOL that's how I think Yuki might be... an ungrateful brat LOL, she nips at me all the time (now that her eyes are open and she can see lol), and that's too cute that Scrumpy likes cider!
gig.gif
the hubby and I decided we need some rest so we are going to lay in bed and watch movies as soon as the kiddies go to bed at 8pm (only 31 mins left LOL!) I could use some nice resting time!!!
th.gif
Congrats on your baby ducks! How do you know they are boys or girls?

Cant wait for pictures. I wonder if 2 of mine will be faun. I'm new to this too so not overly sure what they will turn out like! they sleep under a feather duster, that's such a good idea, to imitate mummy duck yeah?
Yeah, I researched a lot of websites and read a lot of books before I got mine and the resources I used told me to put a feather duster in their home so that they feel more calm and less stressed. They have been sleeping under the feather duster now for two days. They seem to be very relaxed and are very busy busy.

Hey, I'm out running around, i wanted to pop by (on my cell) to let you guys know I'm not being rude & stuff, i promise i will get on and give updates, but it's a pain doing quotes & stuff from my phone, so once i get a chance to get home & sit down i will hop on and catch up! Lol. Have a wonderful day and i will talk to you all soon :)

thumbsup.gif

Here are the pictures of the three left. They are not very good, but these guys are camera shy.
pop.gif

They are in their holding box while I am cleaning out their bigger house. How do baby ducklings make such a huge mess?
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom