*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Pics
Would like to see what others use for nest. If you have pictures, could you please post some of them. I am putting the breeding pens together this week and need some ideas for what to use or build as nests.

My runners make their own, they prefer corners. So I have attached 2'x2' plywood perpendicular to the wall of the night pen.

Here are Sechs and Elf sharing a nest last year.

Please help, desperately ISO a good breeder to SQ trout/gray drake. I lost my beautiful boy tonight and I'm devastated.

Preferably within a 3 hour drive of Lansing or Ann Arbor, MI but will consider shipped when the weather improves.

Thank you

PS Any leads to breeders would be appreciated.

what do you runner owners feed your ducks? i will be getting 5 runners in about 8 days and since their chicks they'll be getting crumbles but i was wondering if when their grown or mostly grown if the could eat the same all flock pellets(pretty small pellet) my 5 LF cochin girls are eats or will they have to stay on crumbles?

I feed duckings and goslings Purina Flock Raiser crumbles. If my mill carried the pellets they would get pellets when they are a couple weeks old. I think they waste less eating pellets and keep the waterers cleaner. Once they are fully feathered they are switched to layer pellets the same as the chickens eat.

When they are young I also give them frozen peas (thawed; fed in water dish) as treats and extra nutrients. For 30 ducklings and 9 goslings I would work my way up to giving 2 bags of peas 2x a week until feathered out. Started giving them at about 1.5 - 2 weeks old.

Nutrena Naturewise All Flock is what my 5 LF cochin's get...it's just like Flockraiser but 18% protein instead of 20%. will be easy just having to give them the all flock once their big enough...cochin girls really like the pellets so hopefully my runners will to

Please help, desperately ISO a good breeder to SQ trout/gray drake. I lost my beautiful boy tonight and I'm devastated.

Preferably within a 3 hour drive of Lansing or Ann Arbor, MI but will consider shipped when the weather improves.

Thank you

PS Any leads to breeders would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear you lost your drake... X

HI...I'd love to join your group!?

I'm new to runners. I got my first runner this fall. He is a Blue runner. I'm in love, but then again I love all my chickens and ducks. I will be getting 2 blue hens in a few weeks. So excited. I also have a black and white Magpie drake. This spring I have plans to increase my duck flock some more.

Back
Top Bottom