*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

hey guys,

just thought I'd post another picture of my duck. hes (or she?) getting big. its not the best pic but ive been away for 2 weeks so I put my duckling with a broody and her chicks and over the time ive been away hes not friendly anymore
sad.png

So cute, I love seeing how much faster they grow than chicks... it's so funny :)
I've learned my ducks love routine and are very sensitive to change. Which is no fun when they become afraid of you... but the upside is that he/she will probably learn to trust you again over time as you care for them routinely. Try to spend a little extra time around them, and offer treats to lure him in close to you and prove that you are to be trusted. It would probably happen naturally over a few months' time just by bringing them their feed. 4 of my ducks were especially skittish and very fearful of me. Now that they are 8 months old, they sprint to me for feed and treats. They even try to fly up to greet me if they're really excited. Unsuccessful, but adorable nonetheless. They still are hard to catch and really don't like it, but that's alright.

Here's a story about routine and change: I was filling up my ducks' pool with the hose like I do most every day. They get super excited to bathe in the clean water. While they were getting their wash on, I had accidentally been siphoning the water out because I detached the hose from the faucet and left the other end in the pool. So I decided to just screw the hose back into the faucet and turn it on again to refill the pool. The ducks were still in there trying to make best of the 1 or 2 inches of water that was left, then whabam, I turned the hose on full and it freaked them out so bad that they bolted and didn't visit the pool all day after that. They're still afraid of it, so I've been luring them with grass and giving them a little push to show them it's safe. It's like they think there's an invisible pool monster lurking waiting for the right moment to attack. Haha, poor things!

Last edited:
So cute, I love seeing how much faster they grow than chicks... it's so funny :)
I've learned my ducks love routine and are very sensitive to change. Which is no fun when they become afraid of you... but the upside is that he/she will probably learn to trust you again over time as you care for them routinely. Try to spend a little extra time around them, and offer treats to lure him in close to you and prove that you are to be trusted. It would probably happen naturally over a few months' time just by bringing them their feed. 4 of my ducks were especially skittish and very fearful of me. Now that they are 8 months old, they sprint to me for feed and treats. They even try to fly up to greet me if they're really excited. Unsuccessful, but adorable nonetheless. They still are hard to catch and really don't like it, but that's alright.

Here's a story about routine and change: I was filling up my ducks' pool with the hose like I do most every day. They get super excited to bathe in the clean water. While they were getting their wash on, I had accidentally been siphoning the water out because I detached the hose from the faucet and left the other end in the pool. So I decided to just screw the hose back into the faucet and turn it on again to refill the pool. The ducks were still in there trying to make best of the 1 or 2 inches of water that was left, then whabam, I turned the hose on full and it freaked them out so bad that they bolted and didn't visit the pool all day after that. They're still afraid of it, so I've been luring them with grass and giving them a little push to show them it's safe. It's like they think there's an invisible pool monster lurking waiting for the right moment to attack. Haha, poor things!

she (shes a girl im pretty sure) seems to be getting friendlier to me.
haha poor ducks, I have to put my duck in water because I don't think she realises that the water I have for her, is to swim in, but when she gets in she loves it. shes so cute to watch

Hey guys long time no see i ordered myself 3 runners a pair of chocolate and a blue female from Metzer farms they will arrive on the 23rd of March i CANT wait

Back
Top Bottom