*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

How do you tell the gender of a duck anyhow?

And as ducklings, the females generally start quacking before the males do. The males will still be peeping.

Funny story: we started out with two drakes and when we got our females, we were in for a huge surprise at just how loud they are in comparison. I think they sound more like they're laughing or honking and the males seem to whisper their quacks.

If you're interested, there are videos on YouTube that show the sound difference. :)

Last edited:
Was told I have runners

And as ducklings, the females generally start quacking before the males do. The males will still be peeping.

Funny story: we started out with two drakes and when we got our females, we were in for a huge surprise at just how loud they are in comparison. I think they sound more like they're laughing or honking and the males seem to whisper their quacks.

If you're interested, there are videos on YouTube that show the sound difference. :)

Females will quack loudly. Drakes are quieter, but I've never had one so I'm not sure exactly what they sound like.
Drakes will also get curled tail feathers.
thanks, both of you. Went out this evening and tagged the quackers with legbands. Looks like 3 and 3, probably will try to sell the 2 extra drakes (or give them to my sister). Love the colors coming out. Got 3 blue, 2 fawn and white, and a chocolate duck. If their quack sounds like a frog is that a boy? One of the 3 I didn't legband sounded hoarse compared to the 3 hens

thanks, both of you. Went out this evening and tagged the quackers with legbands. Looks like 3 and 3, probably will try to sell the 2 extra drakes (or give them to my sister). Love the colors coming out. Got 3 blue, 2 fawn and white, and a chocolate duck. If their quack sounds like a frog is that a boy? One of the 3 I didn't legband sounded hoarse compared to the 3 hens

I think you have it pegged right.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom