*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

i ordered from metzer farms also, last yr. i had mine sexed and they only messed up on 2 of them. they replaced them for me at no charge. it was great doing business w/metzer farms.
these were my lings from metzer
these are the ducks this past March
they all feathered out nicely and beautiful.
Beautiful! Are the two Runners from Metzers too?

Haha, easy mistake to do, I've done that! That's a lot of ways to upload a picture, why are they all needed?

BYC is having problems with the mobile app. My pictures are in my phone
th.gif

I am selling 3 boys before they fully feather out...so I will never really know what they will grow up looking like..
gig.gif
I think I have 2 appleyard runners in that group.
Guess I will have to do this again next spring.
lau.gif
I have a blue trout, gold trout and a crazy trout named Scooter. This year, I have 2 gorgeous boys that I will keep as well. so thats 5 boys in my breeding stock. Thats 4 too many.
clap.gif

BYC is having problems with the mobile app. My pictures are in my phone
th.gif

I am selling 3 boys before they fully feather out...so I will never really know what they will grow up looking like..
gig.gif
I think I have 2 appleyard runners in that group.
Guess I will have to do this again next spring.
lau.gif
I have a blue trout, gold trout and a crazy trout named Scooter. This year, I have 2 gorgeous boys that I will keep as well. so thats 5 boys in my breeding stock. Thats 4 too many.
clap.gif
Hard to part with them. I just had to pull my Muscovy drake off my gander it's crazy around here during mating season.
roll.png

Not new to ducks, but new to Runners!
Found out that Hubby wanted some so.... we ordered and they arrive tomorrow.
6 ducklings unless they add an extra and they all survive.

We have Muscovies and have had a Cayuga in the past.

We moved our 75 gal. pond off the patio and out to poultry yard for them to use.
It has a filter and pump to keep water moving. We will modify with a ramp for them and would you recommend a shallow area or step in the water for them to get out?

I know it will get dirty, can we keep 1-2 larger koi in it to keep poop debris down? Will the ducks kill and eat them or if they grow up with them in there, leave them alone?
We used to have lots of small koi in it but the raccoons cleaned us out last Fall.
Or just let the filter and pump do it and change water out often... or ??
Suggestions please!

I am going to go back and read all the posts I can in this thread on them.

I have done my research online but as we all know, nobody knows better than owners of that breed that have figured out the tricks and tidbits in dealing with them and providing them the best possible care!

Welcome to the colorful world of runners!
A nursery down the hill has 3 of my ducks and sad to say their pond is now void of any fish
Six runners in a 75 gallon pond would still generate a lot of salts
My koi liked pristine water unless your pump has a very very big filter I wouldn't do it

I

Back
Top Bottom