*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

So Scar's wound has healed up nicely. I have reintroduced him back with his mom, dad and siblings. Things seems to be ok. He is happier now! I have a question though. The father picks the babies up by the back of the neck. Is this normal or is he being aggressive towards them? TIA for any advice.

So Scar's wound has healed up nicely. I have reintroduced him back with his mom, dad and siblings. Things seems to be ok. He is happier now! I have a question though. The father picks the babies up by the back of the neck. Is this normal or is he being aggressive towards them? TIA for any advice.
He is being aggressive separate him with fencing till the ducklings are at least 3 weeks old and can get away from dad. drakes have been known to kill ducklings.

@Kissia

Last edited:
Yay!!!
wee.gif

When you say Pekin ducks do you mean female? because Pekins are a heavy breed Runners light so a Pekin drake mating with a Runner could be a problem because of size and weight. And adding any breed to an existing flock needs to be done very slowly to protect the new comer. Never put a  duckling in with larger ducks either.

Oh ok thank you!

This morning one of my runners has a raspy voice. I ran her/him down and rubbed its neck. Didn't fill anything...he/she looks like everyone else. Nothing different. Any ideas what might be going on? Didn't notice this yesterday or last night when i put them up for the night. Yes it's drinking and eating this morning and man the little thing ia fast. Lol

This morning one of my runners has a raspy voice. I ran her/him down and rubbed its neck. Didn't fill anything...he/she looks like everyone else. Nothing different. Any ideas what might be going on? Didn't notice this yesterday or last night when i put them up for the night. Yes it's drinking and eating this morning and man the little thing ia fast. Lol
How old and could it just be voice changing? can't bring up the link it says there is a problem.

Last edited:
I have Pekins but around 4 months I noticed my drakes voice def getting raspy that's all I could tell u lol

Back
Top Bottom